IGNORED

Anyone have this Plato disk?

Rodney Hester

It seems to be lost to the mists of time due to a bad/incorrect dump:

3.3 - Word Confusion (Disk 2) [PHD 5259].dsk

LOTS of people seem to _think_ they have it because they don't know the dump is bad.  :)

If you have one you're sure is correct (or aren't sure but would like me to tell you), please advise.  ?  This has become one of my white whales.

Rodney

Please don't apologize, I appreciate ANY direction at this point...I saw that maybe six months ago and got all excited thinking FINALLY, from the depths of hell this disk has arisen...but no.  ?

I'd gladly purchase and dump it myself if it was anywhere to be found and I had the means to dump it, but sadly neither are true.  ?  It's a shame because it really is a significant part of TI's educational history.  It wouldn't bother me so much if we were missing 20, but *one*...it chafes.  LOL

Thanks very much for trying!

(More specifically, in your set, Disk 2 of PHD 5259 - "Verbal Phrases" - was substituted for Disk 2 of PHD 5269 - "Confusing Verbs")

Edited by Rodney Hester
Clarification of missing/substituted content

17 minutes ago, acadiel said:

Don't Plato disks show up as blank in Disk Manager?

No...you're right that the 'real' catalog sector is nonstandard, but they show up as LESSONDISK and appear full (from a sector use standpoint).  (This can vary if the disk has been unprotected, but they never appear truly blank.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remembered that back in the day I got a complete set of "bootleg" and/or "pirated PLATO disks. The numbering on them was completely different than the TI issued disks. I believe this one was numbered 430. Anyway, spin this disk up, I believe it's the correct one. I have included the PLATOCAT disk which shows the numbering scheme. Somebody went through a lot of trouble to do this. 

LESSONDISK.dsk PLATOCAT.dsk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, sparkdrummer said:

I remembered that back in the day I got a complete set of "bootleg" and/or "pirated PLATO disks. The numbering on them was completely different than the TI issued disks. I believe this one was numbered 430. Anyway, spin this disk up, I believe it's the correct one. I have included the PLATOCAT disk which shows the numbering scheme. Somebody went through a lot of trouble to do this. 

LESSONDISK.dsk 90 kB · 8 downloads PLATOCAT.dsk 90 kB · 4 downloads

OH MY GOODNESS!!!  This is it!!!

Thank you SO MUCH!

May I ask where you sourced this from?  It might be useful to do a mass compare against the 'known good' set that's floating around to make sure there are no other differences.

Thanks again!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sparkdrummer said:

It is from a set of disks I got back in the day. As stated above, they have their own unique numbering system that is totally different than the TI issued disks. I’m glad it was in there. 

Do we then have access to a full collection?

• Like 1