IGNORED

Duck! Me? - An old-fashioned 1980's style text adventure

4 hours ago, EdwardianDuck said:

@jindroush

Yes, that works, thank you. I've played through the whole game again using the same walkthrough without issue.

I've attached the .ATR again with a more descriptive name as this is now the release version.

If anyone finds other issues or wants a hint, please post here.

Jeremy

DuckMe-Z3-20230902-Release2.atr 99.77 kB · 4 downloads

Well, one small issue - the ATR image size 99.7 or 99.8 KBytes does not correspond to any A8 disk size.

Maybe someone could upload it as a standard 130k image ?!?

I noticed the odd disk size and did think that it would be a problem on real hardware. @jindroush, is it possible to build this in a standard disk size/format? Unfortunately, I've no idea how you're building the image or whether just padding it out would work.

In the short term, the two disk build uses a standard disk size.

Jeremy

I played through the game again using the latest test.atr without issue. One thing I did notice is that SAVE/RESTORE seems to want a double density disk (also cosmetic display issue). If the aim of this build is to target stock hardware, isn't that going to be an issue for most setups? 

I don't think this is a real issue, it's fine on emulators which is what I imagine most players would use, I'm just trying to figure out how to describe this to avoid confusion.

I don't have real hardware myself.

Jeremy

atari000.png

@jindroush Yes, that's better, thank you.

Uploaded again with a different name to make it clear that this is a released version.

Hopefully this is the last release for a while and I can get back to the sequel.

If anyone needs hints or wants to provide feedback, please post here.

Jeremy

DuckMe-Z3-20230903-Release2.atr

• Like 2

On 9/2/2023 at 2:39 AM, EdwardianDuck said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew

I'm calling this (in conjunction with the "20230828" files attached earlier on in this thread) a finalised release (it's currently shown as a WIP binary in your thread).

Thanks Jeremy! I've updated the listing and moved your game to the completed category! 🙂 Congratulations!

- James