IGNORED

I got bored :)

TGB1718

Just playing about with DLI's for fun and got slightly different looking colour bars.

Only one byte different to produce these 2 effects.

Not sure about the slight corruption on the left of one of the displays, but was unable to get rid of it :(

might be cos I am only using one WSYNC per 2 colour changes.

• Like 14

Nice...Very nice...

Hopefully someone like Avery can assist you re the corruption.

There's just something bright and cheery with the rainbow DLI's, oddly it's an effect that caught my eye back then and, made the Atari standout. When the ST and Amiga were fresh I remember seeing a Goldrunner style shooter at one of the shows, one stall had Goldrunner on display and another stall from Germany had a shooter in the same style but it had copper list effects on the screen and it just made the game stand out, that and the decent sampled effects.

Another words, I'm easily pleased.... And why I got an Amiga instead..It will always be the real big brother of the Atari 8 bit to me, thank you Mr Miner RIP and co...

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Hopefully someone like Avery can assist you re the corruption.

It may have something to do with the way I'm running this, there's only one DLI call

on the first blank line of the display list, it doesn't return from the DLI until the screen

has been fully drawn, not really the way a DLI is supposed to work :)

• 10 months later...
On 3/30/2022 at 8:50 AM, TGB1718 said:

Just for you, something slightly different, both up and down colour bars (still can't get rid of that slight corruption on the left of the screen :( )

I'd like to see the xex's on these, king of nice... smooth and the color passing each other give the impression of so many colors per line even though it's 4.

6 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I'd like to see the xex's on these, king of nice... smooth and the color passing each other give the impression of so many colors per line even though it's 4.

Would love to post the the .xex and source, but had to rebuild my PC late last year and seem to have lost

some stuff in spite of having regular backups, I'll have a root around, pretty sure it's there somewhere 

• 2 months later...