IGNORED

I Love The 80's (High-School)

A2600

Im Miami Coral Park Senor High in Miami, FL they are having a I love the 80's day whitch is tomorrow and I was planning to wear my Atari Shirt but was else can I bring along to kinda "spunk up the 80's"

Could it be a vcs cart or maybe a radio with quality 80's music to be jamming while walking down the hallways, BTW I am a SENIOR so I can do preatty much anything!!

What would you do to represent the 80's"??

Safety pins in your leather jacket, a pink mowhawk, studs, several facial piercings -- oh ... wait. You said "spunk" up... sorry.

Well, it wouldn't be an 80s party without something remeniscent of Michael Jackson -- y'know, sequined glove (just one), Jacket-O-many-zippers ... or other 80s fads like oversized Roots shirts, parachute pants, big hair, makeup (whether you're a male or female), etc.

Safety pins in your leather jacket, a pink mowhawk, studs, several facial piercings -- oh ... wait.  You said "spunk" up... sorry.

Well, it wouldn't be an 80s party without something remeniscent of Michael Jackson -- y'know, sequined glove (just one), Jacket-O-many-zippers ... or other 80s fads like oversized Roots shirts, parachute pants, big hair, makeup (whether you're a male or female), etc.

Check...

Check...

Check...

Thank You, Come Agin! - APU The Simpsons

Thank You Mindfield and take care

Or the first Trancers movie...nice 80s style in that flik since Jack Death had to go back into the past (Then present 80s...) to get the bad guys. Helen Hunt was in that as I recalled...and she was looking mighty fine as well...hehe

Watch The Wedding Singer. The whole movie is a cliche of the 80's. Oh, and don't forget your Member's Only jacket. (I still have mine...  :D )

hahahahahahaha

i knew someone had to say this, cause i still have mine as well, but i wouldnt wear it in public now because its kinda tore up from wearing it to play hockey out in the street ;) :D

I saw a young girl at a show this past weekend that had on a strange amalgamation of the Madonna “Material Girl” look on her upper body and a Molly Ringwald-esque skirt and shoes on her lower half. 80’s retro, I suppose, but it all looked so wrong to my vintage eyes.

(BTW, isn't this more of an "Off Topic" thread?)

It didn't matter what you were a member of -- only that you were a member of something -- y'know, it was the "me" decade. It was all about self promotion, wearing stuff that made you a part of something big. You were either "in" or "outcast."

And yes, buttons of 80s bands and patches on a worn denim jacket are a must. Or if you're into the "fashionable" 80s, watch any episode of Miami Vice...

Let's see..... Mousse in the hair, white shirt (polo) with the collar up and a nice pair of ballon pants(preferably black or red). The pants should have as many pockets, zippers, hooks, and metal do-dahs as possible. As for foot wear, I'd go with a pair of penny loafers or a nice pair of K-Swiss (I still wear these. Great shoes!!). Play some Beastie Boys, Michael Jackso's Thriller and some Foot Loose.

P.S. I forgot a dab of Drakkar for the laddies :)

So, at what point between 1984 and 1988 did you become right-handed? :P

Movies are definitely a good way to get the details, but for God's sake watch an ACTUAL '80s movie, not "The Wedding Singer."

Pretty much anything with members of the "Brat Pack" is good... "The Breakfast Club" being the ultimate selection (IMHO).

For a quick blast, the opening credits of "Sixteen Candles" sum up the mid-'80s quite nicely.

Let's see..... Mousse in the hair' date=' white shirt (polo) with the collar up and a nice pair of ballon pants(preferably black or red). The pants should have as many pockets, zippers, hooks, and metal do-dahs as possible. As for foot wear, I'd go with a pair of penny loafers or a nice pair of K-Swiss (I still wear these. Great shoes!!). Play some Beastie Boys, Michael Jackso's Thriller and some Foot Loose.

P.S. I forgot a dab of Drakkar for the laddies :)[/quote']

Okay, I've stopped laughing enough to type......you must have known one of my boyfriends because you described him to a "T"!