IGNORED

Anyone interested in NTSC "My Golf" ?

Lord-Chaos

My Golf is a golf - simulation made by HES , it was released in Europe and Australia as PAL version.

The game is on a SALU cartridge with white label and the instructions are English only.

I want to make NTSC versions of several games.One of these games is My Golf , I ´ll make about 100 of this one.

Would anyone be interested in this game since it´s a sports game and sports games aren´t as wanted as classic arcade games for example ?

IMO it´s a quite good golf-simulation which looks good for an ATARI 2600 game , better than some poor ATARI 800 golf games.

Of course I´d need someone who can make a better label for me.The PAL cart doesn´t fit very well in old ATARI 2600 models and in 7800 systems , so I´d create a new cart by using a new Super Breakout cart.

So I´d need a nice end label.

Other games I´m planning to release as NTSC are Acid Drop , Ghostbusters 2 and Fatal Run.

Thimo

Didn't Thomas do the PAL to NCTS conversions for these? Are you planning to release his work on cart form? If so, with or without his permission?

Sorry to cast these questions, but an identical situation surfaced some time ago that led to a very ugly situation. Give us more info on what you've got going on. I assume you're dealing with Thomas as you're in Germany too.

Didn't Thomas do the PAL to NCTS conversions for these? Are you planning to release his work on cart form? If so' date=' with or without his permission?[/quote']

IMO this is just a typical "hen and egg" situation. Is there a market and do I get the permissions? Somewhere you have to start.

Didn't Thomas do the PAL to NCTS conversions for these? Are you planning to release his work on cart form? If so' date=' with or without his permission?[/quote']

IMO this is just a typical "hen and egg" situation. Is there a market and do I get the permissions? Somewhere you have to start.

Indeed, but starting with your permission is appropriate. Then, after that, do we determine the market.

Regardless, My Golf is one of the best sports sims on the 2600. And having Fatal Run available would also be very cool for us Yanks. I know nothing about Acid Drop though.

Indeed' date=' but starting with your permission is appropriate. Then, after that, do we determine the market.[/quote']

We had some brief conversation about this a few months ago. So there is no reason for him to believe that we can't find an agreement when we have to.

I know nothing about Acid Drop though.

It's nothing special. Just try it in your prefered emulator.

Indeed' date=' but starting with your permission is appropriate. Then' date=' after that, do we determine the market.[/quote'']

We had some brief conversation about this a few months ago. So there is no reason for him to believe that we can't find an agreement when we have to.

I know nothing about Acid Drop though.

It's nothing special. Just try it in your prefered emulator.

Yes , I don´t make the game without permission.If someone buys the game , I could pay for each copy sold , although I only have about 100 copies of this game and only 20 or 30 of Acid Drop.

But since the SALU/HES games have quite simple boxes/instructions I think it would be possible to reproduce the boxes and manuals.

Thimo

Yes ' date=' I don´t make the game without permission.If someone buys the game , I could pay for each copy sold , although I only have about 100 copies of this game and only 20 or 30 of Acid Drop.[/quote']

No problem, I am sure we'll find a solution. After all I am not the author, I only converted the stuff to NTSC.

Acid Drop is an interesting title in that it resembles Tetris somewhat. MyGolf is a great game. Ghostbusters II is a good game for Activision collectors' date=' but it is a terrible game to play.[/quote']

Acid Drop is almost a direct clone of Columns. You can rotate the pieces 90 degrees as well as rotate the colors... otherwise, more or less, a ditto.

Ok.I think that the games should be available by end of this year.

I will offer My Golf NTSC together with the PAL cartridge , that means the buyer gets both carts.

The same for Ghostbusters 2 and acid Drop.

Since I don´t have so many Ghostbusters 2 and Acid Drop boxes left I´m traing to fin a way to produce new boxes.Cheapest way are playstic boxes like the Australian HES games use.

I think I can offer My Golf and the other games for about $20 - $25 depending on the price of the EPROMs and the PCBs

If anyone can make nice labels for these games I´d pay some money for these.I need labels for My Golf,Ghostbusters 2 and Acid Drop which should fit on a picture label Super Breakout cartridge.

The buyer will get the PAL cartridge with the white label,too.These white label carts don´t fit very well in 6-switch consoles,but it´s a bonus.

The 4th game I may produce as NTSC is Fatal Run,I have lots of this one.But this is a 32K game with a more complicated.

Fatal Run

fatalrun.jpg

Thimo

Just my 2 cents. I think you'd all be surprised as to how good my golf is for a 2600 title. HES where well known for making cheap carts and Mygolf is there only original title. I gotta say i was surprised as i was expecting a crap game just like their carts...