IGNORED

List of Games with Save Support

Sonaru

What are the full list of games on the ColecoVision that support memory backup saves (sram, eeprom, etc)? 

I know that unreleased prototype Lord's of the Dungeon had save support. I believe it used sram. The Sg-1000 port of Black Onyx also has save support (the original Sg-1000 game used passwords instead I believe so this is a nice upgrade. I believe it uses eeprom. Also Boxxle has save support which I believe is eeprom. 

Are there any other games with memory backup? It would be nice to modify some games for saving highscores on the Coleco SD cart. 

Acromage and Jewel Panic by Team Pixelboy are the only other ones that I know of.

The CV ports to cartridge format of the ADAM Super Games are supplied on the MegaCart PCB and do not include EEPROM or SRAM support. So while you can enter your name in the Hall of Fame, once you turn the system off, the HoF scores are lost. I think the Zaxxon Super Game save game feature was disabled when Mystery Man ported it to CV format… I’ll have to test but really doesn’t matter.

• Like 1

I'll admit I'm a little turned around (i.e. confused) on the Super-Game-XXX peripherals. 

Right now, my emulator (ColecoDS) supports the Super Game Module as the specifications for that are widely available. 

I wanted to future-proof my emulator and add support for the Super Game Cartridge which I can't find too much info on... the most "complete" source so far has been the colecovision.dk site as follows:

image.thumb.png.f96d8dd86be020b1794e0413ab72378c.png

And then here on Atariage, I see the Super Game Module 2 (SGM2) as well as a Super Game Cartridge 2 (SGC2) ... so I'm wondering if the SGC (1) was short-lived and maybe it's not worth trying to support in emulation. 

In any event - I'll keep hunting around to try and pick up whatever technical details I can.  I'm mostly interested in the method for bit-banging the EEPROM (SCL, SDA) as well as the bank-switching scheme(s) supported.

PS: Of course it's possible the makers of such cool stuff don't want it widely known so that it can't be copied or emulated too quickly - which is cool. In that case, I'll just let sleeping dogs lie.

Edited by llabnip
  • Like 2