IGNORED

CC2 Arrived!

joshk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

You have to get one of these when they are made available. I'm one of the beta testers and this is easily Chad's best piece of hardware so far (I also have the intellicart and the original cuttle cart).

Now does anybody with programming experience want to modify some of the 7800 games that don't use the high score cartridge to be able to use it :D

-mike

With a tad over 700 roms and quite a few manuals, I am using about 10 to 10 and a half Meg.

Well .. with 32 MB .. I have plenty of room to load Huckelberry Finn into the 7800!

Actually I bought two of these MMC cards so I will probably unload one of them when the CC2 goes into public sales.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Quick question... do the cc2 filenames need to be 8-11 characters? I thought I read that somewhere.

Is anyone going to be nice enough to provide these? Or maybe a means to rename them?

I would assume that if the activision titles were removed they could be provided somewhere without any legal complications.

Hi,

Just a quick update.

The CC2 Beta test is currently proceeding. In general things have gone very well and the CC2 has definitely improved with the feedback of the beta testers.

Utilities to make setting up the CC2 easier are currently being developed. Fortunately for everyone, some of the beta testers are better at writing User Applications than I am, so they're definitely improving.

I don't know when the beta test will end, but so far I haven't seen anything that makes me want to cancel the project. Preorders won't start until after the beta test is completed. At that time I'll announce the process here on Atariage, on my website, and on the CC2 mailing list. I'll probably have a preorder window of 2-3 weeks. After that period I'll manufacture enough carts to fill all preorders plus a small number of extras which will be sold on a first-come first-served basis once all preordered carts have shipped. I expect manufacturing time will be on the order of 8 weeks.

Thanks to everyone for your patience while this project works towards completion.

Chad

Edit: Fixed some typos.

I am also lucky enough to be a beta tester.(Thanks Chad!) I missed out on the Original Cuttle Cart when it came out. The few and far between times that it did show up on ebay, it was more expensive than the CC2 will sell for new! Don't let this slip past you when it becomes available. How much would one of these go for on ebay in a year or two after production is halted? If you are sitting on the fence now about buying one, I hope you go for it! Otherwise in a year or two you'll see a $400 CC2 on ebay from someone that a bidding war is on. Hmmm.... There's an idea. Maybe I'll buy another one to sell later!

Oh Cha-a-a-d............

(Ha-ha-ha)

Buck

(OK, Chad, you can send the check for the advertising to me at your conveinence) :D

Sheesh - you'd think I was making these things! :lol: