IGNORED

Has anybody ever finished these games?

Derek

I was just wondering if there is a finish to the Atari version of Zevious. It seems to me an endless loop, like Espial only without Espial's endless flickering. Gets my vote for worst port. Glad I only paid 49 cents for it.

More importantly, what happens at the end of Laser Volley by Zellers, aka, Laser Gates. I think I was a couple of seconds from finding out with that block with the number 6307 (I think) coming onto the screen for the fourth time when I ran out of "destination", the one at the bottom of the screen. Man I was steamed. I have never gotten that far again, and am not going to waste any more time trying to see the ending. It is probably pretty lame, anyway.

Thanks, Derek.

It seems to me an endless loop' date=' like Espial only without Espial's endless flickering. Gets my vote for worst port. Glad I only paid 49 cents for it.[/quote']

seems pretty clear he is talking about getting espial for 49 cents. (at least, he is, by the rules of the english language. the 'it' that he paid 49 cents for, referring to espial. ) its a port of an arcade game, btw, just like xevious

Read the whole paragraph... he talks primarily about "Zevious" (sic) and that's what "it" refers to. He's just comparing it to Espial. If he's suddenly jumped to talking all about Espial then it's not very clearly written.

Of course, if Derek returns to this thread he's created, perhaps he can clear it up for us...

well, what about Pitfall? For the life of me, I cannot finish that game (even if I had 3 hours -- forget about the 20 minutes limit).

Anyone know what happens when you finish it?

If you go through the boards using the underground passages just right, it is possible to get all the treasures and end with a perfect score. At the end of the 20:00 clock, the game just freezes wherever you are.

Here are two excellent links put together by an AA member that provide detailed maps of both games. Just make sure you are running a pop-up blocker when you access them:

http://members.tripod.com/~PitfallHarry/Ma...PitfallMap.html

http://members.tripod.com/~PitfallHarry/