IGNORED

Which emulator can RUN DSK.DSKNAME.PROGRAM?

Ed in SoDak

Currently playing around with some of my old floppies I've ported over to use in emulation. One of them is Super Disk, a collection of utilities and multiple small XB programs. They are called from menus which loads them using the disk name, such as this one:

140 RUN "DSK.SUPRDSK.CAT"

There is similar code in each of these programs to return to the main calling menu or submenu, such that they all would need to be edited to change the DSK.SUPRDSK to DSK1.

This made me curious if there is an emulator that can handle the DSKNAME feature of TI's XB? That would be great as the original disk files wouldn't need editing and presumably the disk could be located in any of the mounted emulated drives.

Edited by Ed in SoDak
  • Like 3

Currently playing around with some of my old floppies I've ported over to use in emulation. One of them is Super Disk, a collection of utilities and multiple small XB programs. They are called from menus which loads them using the disk name, such as this one:

140 RUN "DSK.SUPRDSK.CAT"

There is similar code in each of these programs to return to the main calling menu or submenu, such that they all would need to be edited to change the DSK.SUPRDSK to DSK1.

This made me curious of there is an emulator that can handle the DSKNAME feature of TI's XB? That would be great as the original disk files wouldn't need editing and presumably the disk could be located in any of the mounted emulated drives.
I'm going to pretty much say all of them since it's a DSR function I guess it would matter if you're using disk images or not not sure how it would work would say fiads

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

NEVERMIND -- I over-looked the DSKNAME issue and focused on the directory path.

In Classic99 with the disk in FIAD mode, use DSRNAME.DIR\FILENAME. eg. DSK4.GAMES\TILESXB

(Actual example attached.  The file HDD-1990 is in the directory/folder HDD in DSK0.)

Clipboard01.png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

NEVERMIND -- I over-looked the DSKNAME issue and focused on the directory path.

In Classic99 with the disk in FIAD mode, use DSRNAME.DIR\FILENAME. eg. DSK4.GAMES\TILESXB

(Actual example attached.  The file HDD-1990 is in the directory/folder HDD in DSK0.)

Clipboard01.png

NOPE!  This, as in accessing disk names, works in Classic99.

Behold: DSK4 is FIAD and set to the directory/folder of "BLKBATTLE":

Clipboard01.png

This appears to only work on DSK1-DSK4.  Tested with a TILESDEV directory on DSK5 and fails to load.

2 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

This appears to only work on DSK1-DSK4.  Tested with a TILESDEV directory on DSK5 and fails to load.

Do you have the TI disk controller enabled? (Mind you, that should only work 1-3...) Naturally the TI controller behaves as a TI controller. ;)

Classic99 does support the DSK.DISKNAME.FILENAME syntax, using the foldername as the DISKNAME. As always, if the disk system isn't doing what you expect, read the debug log. Tested here and it's working correctly.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tursi said:

Do you have the TI disk controller enabled? (Mind you, that should only work 1-3...) Naturally the TI controller behaves as a TI controller. ;)

That only works with DSK images, right?  I am using almost everything in FIAD, specifically what I tested above.  Neat stuff.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2022 at 2:35 PM, OLD CS1 said:

That only works with DSK images, right?  I am using almost everything in FIAD, specifically what I tested above.  Neat stuff.

No, works on folders too. I never run DSK images except when people complain at me ;)

• Like 2