IGNORED

Extended Basic ll Plus or XB3 Super Module??

TI-Til-I-DI

You're at a lawn sale and you come across a nondescript TI cart with a piece of paper taped on that simply says, "Extended Basic". You buy it for a couple of bucks and slam it into the cartridge port as soon as you get home. You turn it on and can't believe your dumb luck!! Which would get you more excited: if it was Extended Basic ll Plus by Mechatronic or XB3 Super Module by Asgard??

If you'd go into WHY you prefer one over the other, l'd appreciate it...

Edited by TI-Til-I-DI

1 hour ago, videofx said:

If it was me, I would be excited by either version :)

1 hour ago, ti99iuc said:

Well, after lot of years I still haven't found an XB3, it is very hard to find. I have three of the mechatronic plus II instead... 

So for me it should be an easy answer ? 

I wonder how different the TI scene would be today if both these carts were easy to obtain. They both seem to offer MUCH more than regular TI Extended Basic! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TI-Til-I-DI said:

I wonder how different the TI scene would be today if both these carts were easy to obtain. They both seem to offer MUCH more than regular TI Extended Basic! 

Actually, the XB3 cartridge is very easy to obtain on an UberGROM board. Arcadeshopper sells them, as do I. I haven't ever built an UberGROM image for Extended BASIC II Plus, but that was more due to the fact that it turns up often enough that most folks who want one already have one than to any other limiting reason. Like Ciro, I have several of the Extended BASIC II Plus cartridges in my cartridge set. Don't discount Triton's Super Extended BASIC cartridge, RXB, Extended BASIC 2.7, or Extended BASIC 2.9 either. All of them have good things to offer--and all of them are currently available as UberGROM cartridges. You also have the option of running any of them on a FinalGROM cartridge, so there are good options if you wanted to use them.

As to crazy cartridge finds, I found an original prototype for Parsec in a red TI case about 20 years ago at a thrift store, for the princely sum of fifty cents. . .it still has a place of honor in my collection.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

As to crazy cartridge finds, I found an original prototype for Parsec in a red TI case about 20 years ago at a thrift store, for the princely sum of fifty cents. . .it still has a place of honor in my collection.

That's pretty sweet!!

• Like 1