IGNORED

Question

mjc12671

I remember a device that one end plugged into the atari 2600 and the other end into a regular tape recorder and then you loaded some games. there werent many games. one was like a maze game the other was an adventure type game. does anyone else remember this? ive been racking my brain.

You can find them on evilbay occasionally. The games were:

Communist Mutants From Space

Dragonstomper

Escape from the Mindmaster

Fireball

Frogger

Killer Satellites

Party Mix

Phaser Patrol

Rabbit Transit

Suicide Mission

Survival Island

Sweat! - The Decathalon Game

Sword of Saros

If you want to try them out, you can grab roms for theoldcomputer at a different site ;)

dragonstomper i think was the adventure type game.

which was the maze one. any idea?

There were two of them, actually, although Escape from the Mindmaster is probably the one you mean, the 3-D one, the other one was Sword of Saros. Maybe it wasn't just a maze game, though--I've yet to play it--but I know there were some mazes involved due to seeing some screenshots of it.

And Sweat, which was mentioned earlier, was never released, it was just a prototype. So there are really only 12 games that came out.

I'd look around here and the Marketplace forums for Supercharger games to pop up, as they do from time to time, since I just bought two myself on here several weeks ago. :D (I don't have any extras, though, sorry!)

If tramiel had bought out the supercharger and made all atari games for it. the atari 2600 might have actually competed with nintendo

Actually there was supposed to have been a deal in the works with Atari putting out cartridge versions of the Supercharger games (as mentioned with one of the Supercharger prototypes on www.atariprotos.com' date=' although I can't remember which one at the moment) at one point. Too bad it didn't happen.

to me the starpath supercharger gave the atari 2600 legs.

Exactly! And nice sentiment there too :)