IGNORED

Pastfinder

Tempest

I just got a hold of Pastfinder, but I was wondering if it has a normal label. I ask because I got it from Australia (no PAL/NTSC worries with the 400), but it looks very different than almost every other Activision label I've seen. It's Tan and just says Pastfinder on the top and has a little cross with a circle around it (like you see on the tops of tombstones) in the lower right (I think it's suppose to be an artifact). But other than the Activision text on the top of the cart there's no mention of copyrights or serial numbers. It also came in one of those Tele-Game style clam cases (HES did that too). I know it was one of the last (if not THE last) Activision releases for the Atari 400/800, but I don't know why they would change the label style. Unfortunatly it's also the rarest Activision release so I can't find another to compare it to. Anyone know if this is the normal label?

Tempest

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: Tempest ]

Ok, I'll scan it later. It's jsut got a tan label, and says PASTFINDER across the label with a little artifact in the lower right. It just says Activision on the top part of the label. I also just noticed that it doesn't say Activision on the case like the others do. It plays just fine though (but hard!).

Tempest

what does your pitfall 2 look like mine looks like a pitfall 1 ofr the 2600 with brown ish red backround and a small pic that hardly looks like pitfall

pastfinder rare?? i didnt knwo that i paid liek 1.25 for it neat little game. but the pitfall 2 cart is nothing like the pitfall 1 cart in label design

That's what the Pitfall II cart looks like, it's normal.

Yes Pastfinder is damn rare. I've seen 3 total. I'm sure it's not UR or anything, but it's very hard to find. Now if I could only find the Designers Pencil my collection would be all set.

Tempest

I used to have the Pastfinder cartridge, I bought it new at a local Atari dealer years ago when it first came out. As I recall, I traded it to a friend for a Spy Hunter cart and something else... I have the game on file now, I actually just started playing it a couple of nights ago, interesting that it should pop up as a topic so soon after I played it, especially considering what an obscure game it is.