IGNORED

BOUNTY BOB STRIKES BACK

walter2050

quote:

Originally posted by
:

BOUNTY BOB STRIKES BACK

Was there disk version? I see rom version going for $50.00 on ebay

I've never seen anything but the cartridge versions that were released for the Atari 8-bit and the Atari 5200. Because this is a pretty uncommon game and it's well-loved by many, it usually goes for a hefty sum. Fortunately, the Atari 8-bit version usually sells for much less than the 5200 cartridge.

..Al

No disk version on BBSB, AFAIK. Bill Hogue put up a website a couple months ago:

Big Five Software

Has a BBSB emulator for download, so you can at least play it that way. Most revealing fact was that Scraper Caper and another unnamed version were essentially complete, but unreleased. Sadly, these versions are rotting away on some backup tape for the machine that Hogue rigged for development.

quote:

Originally posted by Mario's Other Brother:

Has a BBSB emulator for download, so you can at least play it that way. Most revealing fact was that Scraper Caper
and
another unnamed version were essentially complete, but unreleased. Sadly, these versions are rotting away on some backup tape for the machine that Hogue rigged for development.

Does he actually state this somewhere on the site? I've looked around there before and just spent another few minute roaming around, but didn't see very much information about Scraper Caper except that they had done a fair amount of work on it. I hope Scraper Caper doesn't soley exist on a backup tape somewhere. I'm a huge fan of Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob Strikes Back, I've always held out hope that we might see something of Scraper Caper someday..

..Al

Albert, it doesn't state the whereabouts of Scraper Caper on the website, but someone posted Bill Hogue's email in the newsgroup

Bill Hogue email

Did not remember the video tape part. Recall that VCRs were sometimes used as backup systems. Hope that there is actual code on the tape and not just video out.

The website has more pages than I first thought. Miner, BBSB etc each have history, package, and technical page. Getting back to the original question, the website does state specifically that he wanted to avoid disk versions because of piracy.

quote:

Originally posted by Mario's Other Brother:

Did not remember the video tape part. Recall that VCRs were sometimes used as backup systems. Hope that there is actual code on the tape and not just video out.

Interesting. Here's a quote where Bill talks about that:

quote:

It's too bad but whatever code that existed for Scraper Caper I or II no

longer exists. There might be some videotape somewhere. Maybe I'll try to

find it one day and make it into a movie.

While there were backup systems that used VHS tapes as the media, it sounds like what Bill is saying is that he has some video footage of the game. If this is the only evidence of a "tape backup" of the game then I don't have high hopes of the code ever being located. It's too bad, as Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob Strikes Back are great games and it would have been interesting to see what Scraper Caper is all about. Although I suppose if Bill does find that tape and makes a movie out of it, that's better than nothing. Then some inspired soul can program a Scraper Caper game based from that footage.

..Al

• Like 1

it sounds like what Bill is saying is that he has some video footage of the game

You are right. I need to improve my reading comprehension . The video was probably for promotional reasons. There was a lot of advertising for this game. As far as someone actually doing this game, it could potentially be the best selling "modern" release ever. Hmm, Mr. Hogue seems to have done a lot of work emulating his old setup and getting into the 6502 again. Bill?