IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

3 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

The Amico section being hidden is a very bad look tbh. Especially as the main thread and much of the whole Amico forum is Archived elsewhere. It's like having a dead body in your basement but you've got the basement window open so everyone can see it, yet you still refuse to acknowledge it being there.

But is it worse look than showing people proof that your forum moderators enabled a scammer's behavior?   Isn't it easier to continue pretending it never happened knowing that it will eventually fade from memory without ever having to accept any responsibility?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

The more we learn about Tommy, the more he seems like a really nasty piece of work

u9uhJTO.png

Wow that's beyond low and disgusting. He couldn't even own up to framing his band members. What a piece of trash.

This is probably why he has to rely on community orchestras. He's burned so many bridges that no one wants to really work with him.

I would like to see how the Amicolytes explain that is out of context. Anyone who believes what he says is just a fool at this point.

• Like 5

Well... as well as throwing his newly graduated musicians at the start of their careers under the bus and putting them as risk of getting in legal trouble to save his own ass, Tommy doesn't like to pay them either

QeWx9Bs.png

7kcAMCo.png

12 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

This is probably why he has to rely on community orchestras. He's burned so many bridges that no one wants to really work with him.

Sounds familiar to his reputation in the gaming industry and why he can only get people he knows to work with him.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

And yet there were people lining up to throw money at him in the hopes of rekindling Intellivision. Why is that? His "charisma" is paper thin, it couldn't have been just that, could it? 

Blinded by nostalgia is the only reason.     The real question is why so many people that werent "Mattel intellivision" fans line up to support, shill, invest, etc etc

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Rev said:

The real question is why so many people that werent "Mattel intellivision" fans line up to support, shill, invest, etc etc

Can’t speak for everyone, but I kinda fit the bill there.  I’m not really a Mattell Intellivision “fan” by any means, and I was interested enough in Amico to place a pre-order with intent to buy, so I guess that means I lined up to support it, but not shill, invest, etc

So for me, it was the same as all the other crap I buy -- simply because I like video games, buy most consoles that has my interest, and I like what I saw from this one well enough to happily pay the asking price on day one.  

It had nothing to do (and virtually never does, in most cases) with who was the CEO, whether they’re good people or absolute crap, loudmouth or meek, politics, religion, fetishes, etc etc….  It wasn’t blinded by charisma.  It wasn’t a case of “duped by a con man due to my own stupidity,” I don't think.  

So it was as simple as I liked what I saw of the product enough to make it worth a purchase for me.   When it got to the point where I didn’t like what I saw of the product enough to make it worth  a purchase for me, I hit ‘em up with the refund request.

And that’s not a knock against Mattel Intellivision, by the way.  I’m also not a “fan” of Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Analogue (they all half-ass their stuff in some regards that annoys me) but I bought pretty much all their crap, too, because I like enough to feel like it's worth parting with my $$$

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Blinded by nostalgia is the only reason.     The real question is why so many people that werent "Mattel intellivision" fans line up to support, shill, invest, etc etc

^^This!    It's Exactly right!   It's the same reason people lined up for a nutari VCSPOS...Or anything this version of Atari does,  as if they're the same company from before...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I didn't have Intellivision as a kid, so my only nostalgia was seeing ads for the D&D games in comics and wishing I could play those, but knowing I couldn't.    In a way, Amico is allowing me to relive those glory days, bc I see the footage for Cloudy Mountain, wish I could play it, but can't.

If you have a Famicom, you can grab this pretty cheap.   Its a spot on Cloudy Mountain with NES era graphics. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

If you have a Famicom, you can grab this pretty cheap.   Its a spot on Cloudy Mountain with NES era graphics. 

I like how the D&D Ranger is some kind of goofy spaceman-ghostbuster-archer. That is peak 80s marketing.  

Homestar Runner nailed the weirdness of shoehorning every possible product / narrative into the interstellar. 

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Well... as well as throwing his newly graduated musicians at the start of their careers under the bus and putting them as risk of getting in legal trouble to save his own ass, Tommy doesn't like to pay them either

QeWx9Bs.png

7kcAMCo.png

Sounds familiar to his reputation in the gaming industry and why he can only get people he knows to work with him.

It's almost like asking people to line his pockets and not making the console he promised.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matt_B said:

I'm starting to see what he means when he says he doesn't lose.

It's always the people around him who are losing money, not him personally.

Sad but true.

Great take on the CUPodcast at the 35 minute mark. 

Edited by MrBeefy
Better link
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Never heard of that one, but thanks for the info.  I'll definitely give it a look.  I don't have a Famicom, but with Mister and emulators and such, I can still check it out.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2022 at 5:59 PM, Rowsdower70 said:

On 11/30/2022 at 10:31 AM, Hwlngmad said:

Looks interesting.  Adding this to my playlist for the NES/Famicom.

On 11/30/2022 at 12:04 PM, Razzie.P said:

Never heard of that one, but thanks for the info.  I'll definitely give it a look.  I don't have a Famicom, but with Mister and emulators and such, I can still check it out.

It's on Namco Museum Archives 2 with some other Japan-only Famicom oddities. 

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/namco-museum-archives-vol-2-switch/

Also on Xbox and Playstation, goes on sale for $5 a lot. 

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/namco-museum-archives-vol-2

It's a lot like AD&D Cloudy Mountain, but with more of an arcade aesthetic.

Back on topic, what happened to @Tommy Tallarico's AtariAge membership? I thought he was the big man around here. 

996384473_Screenshot2022-12-01at7_52_08PM.png.fb0e8ac1a785fd90ce5972134eb20550.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Back on topic, what happened to @Tommy Tallarico's AtariAge membership? I thought he was the big turd around here. 

996384473_Screenshot2022-12-01at7_52_08PM.png.fb0e8ac1a785fd90ce5972134eb20550.png

It's the quiet period of hoping that people forget they have money in this. He's doing research and recording sounds for the Amico exclusive Bacgammon game. Wait until you see their 8 player version!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Ya know, we would have run him off properly if not for that meddlesome @jaybird3rd

Yeah but think of all the lies and stupid claims we would have missed out on!

So many things said that was just a bunch of fluff. It is especially obvious with hindsight that AA was the main marketing.

• Like 2