IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

18 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

Yeah and Tommy T. was wrong about the VCS, as well.  Wasn't it available, in store, at Microcenter and other retailers, at least for a while? 

I get that it was far from a smash-hit retail product but, at least, it was...a retail product. 

Yes. I watched the Atari VCS stock in my local Micro Center for a while. It languished on shelves until a big discount, then it sold out and was never restocked. You can still buy it at BestBuy.com and pick up in store, or order from Gamestop.com and have it sent home, as well as ordering directly from the company. I agree it's an underwhelming product, but many of the fans seem to like theirs, especially in regions where PCs are expensive. Also, as you say, it exists, there's an online store, and it seems to be receiving a modest level of post-launch support. 

Atari's pre-launch marketing was pathetic ("What's your high score in Pong?") but they made good on their promises. 

Remember when Intellivision was supposed to get right everything that Atari and Coleco got wrong? We were so young and naive. Well, some people were, anyway. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

Parody lyrics for "Something Happening Here" by Buffalo Springfield? 

"Don't know what's happening here

But I haven't seen progress in years

There's a man with his own super-thread 

Should be building that console instead"

"I say: Oof, Atari-Age, don't look now; Ole Mr. T. has come to town."

I'm sure you meant "For What It's Worth". heh.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Yes. I watched the Atari VCS stock in my local Micro Center for a while. It languished on shelves until a big discount, then it sold out and was never restocked. You can still buy it at BestBuy.com and pick up in store, or order from Gamestop.com and have it sent home, as well as ordering directly from the company. I agree it's an underwhelming product, but many of the fans seem to like theirs, especially in regions where PCs are expensive. Also, as you say, it exists, there's an online store, and it seems to be receiving a modest level of post-launch support. 

Atari's pre-launch marketing was pathetic ("What's your high score in Pong?") but they made good on their promises. 

Remember when Intellivision was supposed to get right everything that Atari and Coleco got wrong? We were so young and naive. Well, some people were, anyway. 

Yup, I considered picking one up when it was on that super sale.  At the discounted price, it was a pretty good deal as a mini-PC in a custom case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Screenshot_20221204_135229_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b3411cead4be0328921df58c824b17d0.jpg

Which can be read here: https://amicoage.neocities.org/552.html

Such an odd response to a link to invest in a console that is "100% on the up and up". Note that he also did not promote this anywhere and it was at least a day after the FIG campaign started. He didn't want that to be found. It was crowdfunding and as I noted in my old threads he said they'd never do that. 

Lol @ Tommy calling you a phony. He's called others that before multiple times in the past and it's so absurd considering he...

- Boasted about being on MTV Cribs multiple times when he wasn't.

- Bought himself some world records for things that aren't even true.

- Bizarrely calls himself a Yankee Hall of Famer.

- Says he won an Emmy when he didn't.

- Claims he was the first American to work on Sonic when he wasn't.

- Says he performed in front of 100,000 people when it was 2,000.

- Claims his show was the "biggest symphony performance ever seen live" when it wasn't.

- Posed with a waxwork of the Dalai Lama and not only pretended it was the real person, claimed that the Dalai Lama liked his music.

- Used to drive a fake Lamborghini.

- Has taken credits for dozens of (over a hundred maybe) game music/sound effects that others did the work for.

- Says he was the first person to perform in Yonge-Dondas square when he wasn't.

- Said he was going to be "at the Grammy's" with Steven Tyler when he was in fact at a viewing party people had to buy tickets to.

- Lied about sleeping under Huntington Beach pier.

- Claims literally every single Video Games Live concert is "sold out" when they're verifiably not.

- Bought "awards" for Intellivision.

- Gave himself awards from the company (GANG) he founded...

...and more. Tommy Tallarico is perhaps the biggest phony the video game industry has ever seen. But hey, I guess that's at least one legitimate thing he could make claim to.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

This came across my desk today.

Random operatives working hard to deliver anti-Tommy docs?   😁   I imagine you're dressed like Boss Baby or that bad dude from Inspector Gadget while waiting for those brown folders to arrive.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Nope still a lie. VCS while limited did actually make it to retail. (Can't believe I'm defending VCS against another console 🤣). Tommy can't Math either.

Was it available at that time, though?  If not, I'm willing to give him a pass on that one, due to timing.  Like, I can say "the VCS is selling more than Playstation 6 at retail!" and it's true for now, though that may change in a few years.

If it was available, then oh well... yep, Math is hard. 

1 hour ago, Tommy2D said:

Yeah and Tommy T. was wrong about the VCS, as well.  Wasn't it available, in store, at Microcenter and other retailers, at least for a while? 

I get that it was far from a smash-hit retail product but, at least, it was...a retail product. 

Yeah, it got there eventually, but not sure if it was available at the time he was spouting that puffery, though.  It may have been available at that time, I dunno.

44 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

- Said he was going to be "at the Grammy's" with Steven Tyler when he was in fact at a viewing party people had to buy tickets to.

I'm totally gonna start stealing that logic.  Every concert I attended is now "me and <insert artist here> delivered one helluva show at <insert event>"

Maybe movies, too.   You'd be amazed at all the "impossible" missions me and Tom Cruise accomplished over the years.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

49 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

At times, the intensity of the Tommy T. dogpiling makes me uncomfortable.  When someone's reputation is already pulverized into metaphorical dust, how much more stomping is necessary? 

That said, some of these tidbits are genuinely fascinating.  I get that resume inflation is nothing new and people have always looked for creative ways of stretching their accomplishments but: the Yankees Minor League Hall of Famer claim is so bizarre that it just invites analysis. 

1: If it were true, why would it be relevant in a slide deck pitching a new video game console???

2: Maybe the Yankees call their fantasy-camp participants "minor leaguers".   Maybe there is some legal loophole that allows this, considering that there are unaffiliated minor league teams, etc. I'd still think that most people would immediately associate the term "minor leaguer" with a professional athlete who is paid to play and not the reverse.  Still, let's hypothetically imagine that the Yankees gave him a certificate or something and that's what gave him the idea. Accepting all of that: wouldn't he expect follow-up questions that would require more obfuscation?  Even if you're a big-league truth-stretcher that just seems like starting out with an 0-2 count. 

3:I just watched a Legal Eagle video about those novelty "Lordships", from Scotland, that you can buy online.  Effectively, they are super sketchy novelties that skirt the borders of the law. On one level, if people seem them as $100 gag gifts ("Hey Mom! Merry Christmas, you are now Lady Elizabeth!"), there's no major harm.  What gets extra weird, is that the company encourages people to put Lord / Lady, whenever an application allows you to put in your own salutation.  They might wind up in hot water, since many of their paid YT advertisers used terms like "Real/Official/Genuine" when referring to these novelty titles but that's another story.

Now, I'm a little surprised that slide deck didn't include "European Nobility", next to Minor League Hall of Famer

Edited by Tommy2D

7 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

Now, I'm a little surprised that slide deck didn't include "European Nobility", next to Minor League Hall of Famer

Well, that's now one less refund someone will get from the newly-titled "Lord Tallarico" and his Fiero kit Lamborghini noble purebred steed.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Since there was no date on that screen cap, I searched for the full context online. It was page 772 of the Tommy thread, and when I click on it, I get "you're banned from this topic, you can't read it.

In the meantime, someone made an offline archive of it: https://amicoage.neocities.org/772.html

I’m not banned and I get “You don’t have permission to view this thread”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@rayik

Scary. There's a line or 2 similar to what I posted some pages ago and years later obviously:

anyone would be crazy to try and launch something in a poor economy!  No matter WHAT the price is.  $199 or $249 isn't going to matter if people don't have jobs or very little extra cash to spend on something new

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

Random operatives working hard to deliver anti-Tommy docs?   😁   I imagine you're dressed like Boss Baby or that bad dude from Inspector Gadget while waiting for those brown folders to arrive.

Was it available at that time, though?  If not, I'm willing to give him a pass on that one, due to timing.  Like, I can say "the VCS is selling more than Playstation 6 at retail!" and it's true for now, though that may change in a few years.

If it was available, then oh well... yep, Math is hard. 

Yeah, it got there eventually, but not sure if it was available at the time he was spouting that puffery, though.  It may have been available at that time, I dunno.

He literally said “we are in retail and they are not” at a time when neither of them were in retail. As time went on, Atari was in retail and Intellivision has yet to show up for anything. If nobody else digs up the quote in context, I will do so. I’m quite certain I’m remembering this correctly because it made a big impact on me at the time. 

@Tommy2D Minor league baseball is its own thing, the website is https://MiLB.com and you won’t see Tallarico there, either. It was one of his many lies. The dogpiling is only uncomfortable if you weren’t around to see the guy building his narcissistic little pedestal for himself. 

THIS IS NOT NORMAL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Lol @ Tommy calling you a phony. He's called others that before multiple times in the past and it's so absurd considering he...

- Boasted about being on MTV Cribs multiple times when he wasn't.

- Bought himself some world records for things that aren't even true.

- Says he won an Emmy when he didn't.

- Claims he was the first American to work on Sonic when he wasn't.

- Says he performed in front of 100,000 people when it was 2,000.

- Claims his show was the "biggest symphony performance ever seen live" when it wasn't.

- Posed with a waxwork of the Dalai Lama and not only pretended it was the real person, claimed that the Dalai Lama liked his music.

- Used to drive a fake Lamborghini.

- Has taken credits for dozens of (over a hundred maybe) game music/sound effects that others did the work for.

- Says he was the first person to perform in Yonge-Dondas square when he wasn't.

- Lied about sleeping under Huntington Beach pier.

- Claims literally every single Video Games Live concert is "sold out" when they're verifiably not.

- Bought "awards" for Intellivision.

- Gave himself awards from the company (GANG) he founded...

...and more. Tommy Tallarico is perhaps the biggest phony the video game industry has ever seen. But hey, I guess that's at least one legitimate thing he could make claim to.

It is hilarious as to the amount of projection he does. I have watched enough of this to see that everything he accuses others of is basically what he was himself doing.

like saying lies about kevtris. He was the one going behind the scenes saying how he hated kevtris. Even got his band of YTers to do a stream calling him fat and other stuff. Claiming kevtris was somehow jealous of some hack who hasn't done jack.

It's why I posted that screenshot of his desktop. He was actively gathering information on people and sharing it with people to attack them. That's also why I posted where he said I taught kids, when I never said I taught kids in the Q&A. Which also led to him getting people to do this.

Screenshot_20210217-140259_YouTube.thumb.jpg.fb0dfc18fdfb45bb4827296b655be1e7.jpg

I would also note that Tommy's friends were also actively trying to get kevtris in trouble with his job as well. Here are some other examples.

Donttalktobeef.thumb.jpg.abe3de207fa7345c153e370371467bc6.jpg

unknown-5-1.thumb.png.d0fd50b6a5c5bee9ea219e398064dfc5.png

That is him telling the person his actual name and to basically hold that over him. Weird side note...how would he know if someone was banned from all threads?

He had people hunting anyone he didn't like down. 

Screenshot_20221204_173349_YouTube.thumb.jpg.9110910655885ce6fa0e3a139eae6895.jpg

Let's not forget good Ole Swami.

unknown.png.9081dcf207ba23aa5955c30ffb8b3423.thumb.png.6de576ea3b2330b627f8250fabcff671.png

And the fallout on some other dude who they though bwas me.

Screenshot_20221204_174652_Discord.thumb.jpg.459f214af2db1b72cf8284d4781b1f66.jpgScreenshot_20221204_174730_Reddit.thumb.jpg.8eb9d66d82feddcf4389dbb6b2aae489.jpg

Some of those AA members who think I'm steampowered are also DJC fans and have donated to their channel before. 🤔

Now think of the type of console that could have been made if Tommy encouraged his company to do something instead of building a cult to go attack people he liked. 

At times, the intensity of the Tommy T. dogpiling makes me uncomfortable.  When someone's reputation is already pulverized into metaphorical dust, how much more stomping is necessary? 

That said, some of these tidbits are genuinely fascinating.  I get that resume inflation is nothing new and people have always looked for creative ways of stretching their accomplishments but: the Yankees Minor League Hall of Famer claim is so bizarre that it just invites analysis. 

1: If it were true, why would it be relevant in a slide deck pitching a new video game console???

2: Maybe the Yankees call their fantasy-camp participants "minor leaguers".   Maybe there is some legal loophole that allows this, considering that there are unaffiliated minor league teams, etc. I'd still think that most people would immediately associate the term "minor leaguer" with a professional athlete who is paid to play and not the reverse.  Still, let's hypothetically imagine that the Yankees gave him a certificate or something and that's what gave him the idea. Accepting all of that: wouldn't he expect follow-up questions that would require more obfuscation?  Even if you're a big-league truth-stretcher that just seems like starting out with an 0-2 count. 

3:I just watched a Legal Eagle video about those novelty "Lordships", from Scotland, that you can buy online.  Effectively, they are super sketchy novelties that skirt the borders of the law. On one level, if people seem them as $100 gag gifts ("Hey Mom! Merry Christmas, you are now Lady Elizabeth!"), there's no major harm.  What gets extra weird, is that the company encourages people to put Lord / Lady, whenever an application allows you to put in your own salutation.  They might wind up in hot water, since many of their paid YT advertisers used terms like "Real/Official/Genuine" when referring to these novelty titles but that's another story.

If you lied to me all the time I'd roll my eyes and think you were a lying sack of crap. The difference is he has lied to leverage himself. In the case of Amico the lies were used to get money from people.

Like the Hbomberguy said, anyone can lie. I think it is on another level to do it as a means to dupe people which is what Tommy did.

The other easy response is if he wasn't a lying sack of crap, no one would be able to say he's a lying sack of crap. If he didn't lie there's nothing to call out. 

Speaking of hbomberguy. @Jenni you are new. Go watch that video to get a glimpse into the former CEO. 

Hey it has almost reached 3 million views.

• Like 4

Wonder when the eloquently named “idiot” Pat the Nes Punk will have his victory lap??? Surely the end is near on this  project.

Sad to see all the hate toward folks like Beefy and the Steampowerd fella from Reddit. As one who watched all this unfold in real time, I don’t see it as picking or piling on Lord Tallarico….he deserves all that comes his way. 

Edited by MarioMan88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Wonder when the eloquently named “idiot” Pat the Nes Punk will have his victory lap??? Surely the end is near on this  project.

Sad to see all the hate toward folks like Beefy and the Steampowerd fella from Reddit. As one who watched all this unfold in real time, I don’t see it as picking or piling on Lord Tallarico….he deserves all that comes his way. 

The only reason I can think of it, "is still going" is that they are trying to run down the clock on litigation type stuff.

The current CEO basically admitted to SmashJT that it can't be a success. They are refusing to make the consoles for those who they took money from.

They won't officially kill the project until they feel they won't get sued. They done buried Amico in one of Nick Richards' prairie dogs pits by now.

It's just Weekend at Amico's right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Why would there be a victory lap.  TT and his folks are the ones that have been worked up all these years.  TT said this would be a smashing success.  It failed.  Nothing more need be said. 

Just keep pointing out how TT called anyone critical of it "haters," "living in parents basement," "fat" and more much more personal insults.  Keep pointing out TT's many self professed accomplishments.  Amazing during all of this that TT or his supporters never thought to themselves that a simple Google search by potential buyers would unearth this crap and why would a family want to buy this toy after reading that stuff.  

What is amazing is reading the achieved thread at https://amicoage.neocities.org.  The behavior shown for what is nothing more than a retro toy is unbelievable.  I'm talking talking about those critical of the toy.   Reading what MrBeefy posts occurred behind the scenes is beyond unbelievable.  It's almost like the project was run by a bunch of real life "Mean Girls" and not adults.

Edited by rayik
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

He literally said “we are in retail and they are not” at a time when neither of them were in retail. As time went on, Atari was in retail and Intellivision has yet to show up for anything. If nobody else digs up the quote in context, I will do so. I’m quite certain I’m remembering this correctly because it made a big impact on me at the time. 

@Tommy2D Minor league baseball is its own thing, the website is https://MiLB.com and you won’t see Tallarico there, either. It was one of his many lies. The dogpiling is only uncomfortable if you weren’t around to see the guy building his narcissistic little pedestal for himself. 

THIS IS NOT NORMAL

I totally agree. I'm a minor league baseball fan.  Every seat in the stadium is great and the team names are the best (Yard Goats, Flying Squirrels, etc.).  I was just trying to imagine what might have given T.T. some razor-thin shred of an excuse to try to make that claim. It seems at least plausible, to me, that a fantasy camp might give you a nice little certificate, considering that you shelled out some serious cash.  It wouldn't shock me if they used a term like "honorary minor leaguer", etc.  On the same level, getting an honorary Park Ranger Badge, when you're six years old, doesn't mean that you should the National Parks Service on your resume. 

If someone told me that they were a minor league baseball player, under no circumstance would I conclude that they were a fantasy camp participant.  It's probably his most absurd lie/boast because it has absolutely no bearing on the company / product.  I guess it was just another way of adding to his origin story (This guy does it all!!! He can't lose!!!) but it's just so incredibly odd. 

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

On the same level, getting an honorary Park Ranger Badge, when you're six years old, doesn't mean that you should the National Parks Service on your resume. 

By TT logic, every 6 year old who got to go in the cockpit and got a plastic set of wings is unequivocally a pilot from that moment going forward!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

It's why I posted that screenshot of his desktop. He was actively gathering information on people and sharing it with people to attack them. That's also why I posted where he said I taught kids, when I never said I taught kids in the Q&A. Which also led to him getting people to do this.

The doxing stuff is unforgivable and gross.  

• Like 2

I totally agree. I'm a minor league baseball fan.  Every seat in the stadium is great and the team names are the best (Yard Goats, Flying Squirrels, etc.).  I was just trying to imagine what might have given T.T. some razor-thin shred of an excuse to try to make that claim. It seems at least plausible, to me, that a fantasy camp might give you a nice little certificate, considering that you shelled out some serious cash.  It wouldn't shock me if they used a term like "honorary minor leaguer", etc.  On the same level, getting an honorary Park Ranger Badge, when you're six years old, doesn't mean that you should the National Parks Service on your resume. 

If someone told me that they were a minor league baseball player, under no circumstance would I conclude that they were a fantasy camp participant.  It's probably his most absurd lie/boast because it has absolutely no bearing on the company / product.  I guess it was just another way of adding to his origin story (This guy does it all!!! He can't lose!!!) but it's just so incredibly odd. 

When you pay to go to the fantasy camp five times, you become eligible for the "Yankees Fantasy Camp Hall of Fame"...

When Sherman first heard about Yankees Fantasy Camp in Tampa, he knew he had to give it a shot, and he fell in love with the experience from the moment he first put on those pinstripes in January 1997. "Once I started coming here," he says, "I knew it would be continuous." In 2006 he was the first camper elected into the Yankees Fantasy Camp Hall of Fame, an honor bestowed upon campers with at least five camps under their belt. Sherman was more than qualified for the distinction.

https://www.mlb.com/news/yankees-fantasy-camp-helps-dreams-come-true-c269481506

Basically when you give them at least $25,000 they start to feel like they have to give you something in return. It's totally hilarious that he twisted that "achievement" into calling himself a Hall of fame Yankees minor league baseball player.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1