IGNORED

MyIDE internal for Atari 800 (Clu ROM)

santosp

Has anyone ever modified their Atari with something like this? If so, did he use a hard drive or a compact flash card?

My problem is that while I've managed to get it to work up to a point, I can't say for sure that it works properly. It is currently auto booting into an DOS 4.53 environment, but from there it only copies some types of files and not everything. Also I never managed to make any program or game image to run it. 

Any help or even guidance on this is welcome.

Panos

On 7/6/2022 at 10:21 AM, santosp said:

Has anyone ever modified their Atari with something like this? If so, did he use a hard drive or a compact flash card?

My problem is that while I've managed to get it to work up to a point, I can't say for sure that it works properly. It is currently auto booting into an DOS 4.53 environment, but from there it only copies some types of files and not everything. Also I never managed to make any program or game image to run it. 

Any help or even guidance on this is welcome.

Panos

DrClu is the owner of this one-off.  Still works last I heard.  It was always a spinning HDD.

PM him.

-SteveS

• Like 1

Thank you.

I did it but several years have passed since then and it is difficult for him to remember. The same exist for the inventor Sinjmen which further directed me to read his original user guide.

I finally managed to solve my problem which had more to do with writing to the storage medium, with the finding and setting manually its parameters. Heads, Cylinders, Sectors. I use a CF card.

Now it looks to work very stable, doing auto booting and loading programs.! What is remained unsolved for me is a last step. How I to create images on disk as to be possible to start these with his "auto-image" loader during the boot the computer. I think that has to do something with the "Smart Disk" but I don't know how to create or handle it.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Boot a disk-image from harddrive when START is pressed on POWERUP.

During 'image-boot'
Move joystick (port 1) up/down to select image
Press fire to boot it
When booted:
Press SHIFT-CONTROL-1 for disk A. any other number for side X
(images have to be copied to harddisk in sequence)

I think the images have to be full single density disks and back to back allocated to the first empty space available on the cf card

shift control # put that disk in slot 1

http://www.mr-atari.com/hardware-A800.htm

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1