IGNORED

A nice local Atari find in my area

Brad2600

Xot tipped me off to a local collector who was selling games in the newspaper so I decided to give the collector a call. Went over and checked out his stuff. He's got tons of stuff and I bought 12 games from him.

7 of them are boxed and complete.

I don't think they're anything THAT special, but I got

Cosmic Ark

Atlantis

Jr.Pac Man red label

Defender II red label

Title Match Pro Wrestling

Basic Programming

Brain Games

The last 2 games are in WHITE boxes with black lettering. No pictures...just text. Might be a weird box variation.

I paid $50 for all these boxed games and the guy threw in 5 more games for free...all loose:

Cosmic Creeps

Moonsweeper

Turmoil

Star Trek:SOS

Hangman

So that's what I got. Not too bad. All games work and labels are in decent shape.

I will be posting my spares of some of these games in the Marketplace forum. Check it out if you're interested in making a deal for the spares.

What do you think? Good deal?

Basic Programming

Brain Games

The last 2 games are in WHITE boxes with black lettering. No pictures...just text. Might be a weird box variation.

That would be...

Back to School Pak

Outer box housed both games, and they were inside separately packaged in plain white boxes with black type.

There was no outer box included with these 2 boxed games

I believe someone started a topic regarding late releases because I hear those were plain white boxes with black text lettering

Right... most of those white box games ended up being sold individually as overstock in the late '80s. (Of course, the guy might have, at one time, owned the outer box and the set of keyboard controllers that went with it... the fact that he had BOTH games from this "Pak" [sic] makes me wonder...)

What kind of controllers do I need?

The regular keypad controllers?

"Keyboard" controllers, Video Touch Pad, Kids' Controllers... functionally they're all the same. But Basic Programming has some overlays that are really pretty essential to make it usable, and they are designed for the "Keyboard" controllers.