IGNORED

Anyone need a sound Librarian/editor for the NTS-1?

k-Pack

I received Korg's Nu:Tekt NTS-1 Synthesizer for Father's Day and put the kit together.  Now, I was thinking about writing an A8 program that will edit the sound using Control Change (CC) data, save/load the CC settings, send the settings to the NTS-1 through the MIDIMAX interface, and create Voice files for the MIDI Music System software. 

I can easily do this for self-use, or I can spend some time thinking about the human interface. 

If you think you would use a program such as this with your NTS-1, press the like button.  Otherwise please don't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Allan said:

Cool. I would love to get one of these and use it with my MidiMate and Atari 8-bit. Do you know if the MidiMate and the MidiMax are interchangeable with software?

Yes. MidiMax and MidiMate are interchangeable.  There is the SIO2MIDI that should do the job. You just have to build it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Because of the over whelming interest in the NTS-1 patch editor, I have been doing some conceptual thinking.  Got some experience transmitting MIDI data from the Atari.   I wrote about it in this blog.

Now I am wondering, how many people I would exclude from using the editor if it is written to run under Diamond GOS 3.0. I kind of like this point and click thing I do in the PC. 

• Like 2

On 12/7/2022 at 3:21 PM, k-Pack said:

Because of the over whelming interest in the NTS-1 patch editor, I have been doing some conceptual thinking.  Got some experience transmitting MIDI data from the Atari.   I wrote about it in this blog.

Now I am wondering, how many people I would exclude from using the editor if it is written to run under Diamond GOS 3.0. I kind of like this point and click thing I do in the PC. 

It would be neat to see a new program written for GOS. Maybe it would inspire more people to write programs that use it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have made the commitment to use the Diamond GOS and here is the proof.  This is the Info. dialog box.  Now I just have to add the rest.  As the program progresses, I will chronicle the progress in the "Diamond in the Rough" bog. 

1075161780_InfoDialogbox.JPG.822998ab566dbe60cbba8df0bd276507.JPG

• Like 1