IGNORED

My 2600 has a fuzzy picture

Csonicgo

I can't get a good connection on my Atari on the RF out, and it's fuzzy. Is there any way I can make the picture as clear as My other consoles which use RF switches? because at the bottom of the screen, the red and blue colors "split" and it's hard to play games that use purple like Midnite Magic, and any other games what use a lot of color. I've tried the Computer-TV switch, and it's not clear enough. I'm scared to go RCA. What can I do?

Yeah, if the adapter doesn't work I'd replace that cord. Fortunately it's fairly easy... crack open the console and you can replace the cord with any standard RCA-type cable. No mucking around with solder or anything is required. (Don't know about you, but me with a soldering iron is a dangerous thing!)

You can always try what I did. (It's an overkill solution though)

I replaced my boring coax cable with 50 Ohm Mil-Spec coax. :D The result is generally good. And is well behaved up to abouut 400MHz. (after 100 ft)

You can buy cable from Digi-Key, but it's about $1.20/ft and the minimum is 100 ft. :sad: The picture looks pretty good for RF though.

Hex.

[ In the distance... a sledge is used to drive in a thumbtack... ]

What you guys failed to tell Csonicgo is that after they hook up the adapter you put a pic up of earlier in the thread, is that if the signal is still a bit fuzzy, run the autoprogramming feature of the TV and then the TV will lock onto the 2600's signal, only this time it will be crystal clear because the TV will have a firm lock on it rather than what it had before.

RichG1972

thats an excelant point rich.

auto fine tuning can fuck up so much shit..

however..generaly if you allready have cable TV hooked in to the TV.. if your getting a good signal then you should get a good signal on any thing you port into channel 3/4

this is all digital tuning were talkign about however