IGNORED

enjoy...

Heaven/TQA

...boy...it is fun and a strange feeling to see "your babies" after more than 10 years they were created...

http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Marek.Tomczyk...ari8/demos.html

and even i wrote a game called whirlwind and it is still on the net. check it out...

maybe there will be whirlwind7800!!! interested?

http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~un55/Atari8/soft.html

Heaven/TQA

One of the first games I worked on:

http://xlent.nostalgia.pl/software/games/z/0007.html

For Atari I developed this game:

http://xlent.nostalgia.pl/software/games/c/0068.html

Whilst at Harlequin I produced this game:

http://xlent.nostalgia.pl/software/games/p/0054.html

Whilst at Atari I also saw loads of stuff which never made it:

XE Winter Games (packaging and ROM)

2600 Black Lamp (100% finished)

2600/7800 and XE UFO (based on the Gerry Anderson series of the late 60's)

The full version of Dracula for the Lynx (the released game is only half of the product, but Atari cut back on ROM space.......)

sTeVE

quote:

Originally posted by Jet Boot Jack:

The full version of Dracula for the Lynx (the released game is only half of the product, but Atari cut back on ROM space.......)

sTeVE

Can you tell us any more about these, especially Black Lamp and UFO? What types of games were they? Who programmed them? For what company?

Thanks, I've never heard of these before.

quote:

Originally posted by Jet Boot Jack:

sTeVE

VERY COOL! I always loved that Plateron game and still play it a lot today. I was amazed at the amount of color and "better than NES" quality graphics. I love the music too. I've tried the other games and think they are good as far as music/graphics, but I downloaded them and without instructions I wasn't sure what to do. I'll have to try them again. I love Blacklamp too. Atari UK released tons of cool games for the 8-bit that never made it to the US, tis' a shame. Well, I got them now, ten plus years after the fact. UFO would have been cool. You should get together with Songbird (assuming you still have the FULL version of Dracula), and get it published!

Re"if the XEGS is supposed to be just a better 5200 then why is it still based on a computer??? "

Both the 5200 and XEGS are sons of Candy (Atari 400), the XEGS is just a much later evolution....

The XEGS is a larger memory model 5200 at the bottom line. It has a better (more comprehensive) OS, it has a better Joystick system (digital thank God!)...

sTeVE

hmmmm...

Black lamp 8bit was developed by Richard Munns and Ivan Mackintosh.

The VCS version - I don't know I'm afraid who did it. I played a WIP in the ex-dev managers's office (Bob Katz). It was like 8-bit black lamp without the backgrounds, just the platforms, I fought a dragon too. It was OK - all mono art, a one voice rendition of Greensleeves etc!

UFO, maybe it was Tiertex or another company who handled some of the conversions like Tower Toppler etc.... But it was 11 years ago!!

I'm gonna try and get some software up on a website that I developed - the PSygnosis stuff at least...

sTeVE

I currently work for Kodiak Interactive - foremerly Sculptured Software who produced LOADS of Atari XE/7800 software too....

Commando being unfinished is probably why Bruce hasn't made it available. Strange since it was announced soon after the XEGS. They must have just given up on it.

Winter Games must be a conversion. IIRC, Epyx only did Summer Games for the Atari. We didn't get Winter or Calif games Kind of intriguing that it exists somewhere.

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: Mario's Other Brother ]

quote:

Originally posted by Alex:

Can you tell us any more about these, especially Black Lamp and UFO? What types of games were they? Who programmed them? For what company?

Thanks, I've never heard of these before.

Blacklamp is downloadable for the 8-bit at many ftp sites, it was published by Atari (UK). Like other great Atari 8-bit games such as SpeedHawk and Tiger Attack, they were never released in the US. I got my copies years ago from Sid Meyer (the same guy who is famous from the SimCity stuff), he used to run an 8-bit "sofware house" which included some of his original 8-bit titles as well as thousands of pirated copies of stuff from all over the world. He'd probably deny it all now, since he's a famous developer, but I corrosponded with him back around '90 quite a bit. I still have his catalog somewhere...

isn't it nice that you get all secret informations and interesting stories just by posting a message??? i love it... :=)

Atari Rocks...i like the "ATTACK" sign with all "A" being atari logos by infogrames...

btw. i can not get my whirlwind game run in atari win. is it just me or does have other people problems? it crashes after the intro...

it is really good game... my 1st one on atari... done 1987 !!! in mac/65 the intro

is done in the 90s and at this time i know how to scroll screens... ;=)

i will definitly do a atari 7800 port!!!

cheers