IGNORED

SIO2PC lead information wanted

bsg

Well, i've finally taken the plunge and ordered one of these babies (after managing to nab an Atari 800XL and 1050 drive for £65gbp ) and I am awaiting delivery. What I want to know is, how easy is it to write .atr images back to floppy using this cable? What is the best software to use (APE I presume)?

Thanks in advance

I dont own one of the SIO-2-pc cables yet. but i have found a website that explains how to wire several different types of SIO-2-pc cables, and has many image files to download. just go to ATARIWORLD.COM then click on 8-BIT then click on ATARI TO PC INTERFACE SIO2PC then choose one of the 4 styles and click on HOW TO BUILD IT. you will find a lot of information throughout that website! they might answer a lot of your questions. good luck from framistan.

mundy@utinet.net

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: framistan ]

I use the Prosystem myself, which is an accessory program for APE, but can be loaded as a stand alone program without APE. I use APE'98 and Prosystem '98. Using Prosystem, real atari disks are just a few easy steps away from an .atr file. You just mount the .atr image in the program and select the Atari drive to write it too. It's that easy, the .atr file can be retrieved from any drive on your PC, directly. It has loads of options to set it up for your individual drive.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Gunstar ]