IGNORED

Hmmm OS

J2383

Hmm I Need to know what os this is for 800 It was kind of like windows 3.1 a simple desktop you Double clicked Icons to open them Well all we had was Three icons A: drive B: Drive And Trash but I can't figure out what os this is I know it was on a 800 cause I just know

peace out

~J2~

quote:

Originally posted by Atari-Jess:

if this wasn't in the 8-bit section, id say it was TOS. but i dont use 8-bits (yet) so i dont know.

TOS What's that??? Anyway I figured it out It is a OS for a Atari 16 bit computer not 8 bit Now all I have to do is find a 16 bit emulator know of any good ones?

TOS is the OS for the 16 and 32 bit omputers.

the Atari ST is the computer you are looking for an emulator for. there are thousands of games, lots of good ones!

WinSTon

PaCifiST

STeem

and a couple others are good emulators for

16-bit computers. www.Atari.st has links to some of them. old-computers.com (then look for the Atari ST) will show you links to other emulators too.

The 8-bits do have several OS "enhancers" for them, not replacing the original OS, but like Windows with MS-dos, it is an extension. Diamond G.O.S. was one released in the U.S. in both disk and cartridge form, and there is a European one called S.A.M, as well as a new one for 8-bit users that use A.P.E or have hard drives connected called A-TOS. It requires about 16megs of HD space though...If you did see an OS like this on the 8-bit, it was probably Diamond, as it resembled TOS or the early Windows the most. A-tos is the first one that is actually useful over the original OS and DOS for the 8-bits though.