IGNORED

Looking for manual to STOS Graphic Adventure Creator

I’ve searched everywhere on the ‘net (including Atarimania). If someone has a PDF copy of this user manual (or knows of a repository that has it), please let me know.

I am open to buying a physical copy of this manual, if someone has one and doesn’t mind selling it.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by ColecoGamer

Thank you to the people who responded. I found the book in PDF format. Stos The Graphic Adventure Creator is part of the STOS product line, but it allows you to develop (from scratch) adventure text-based games like The Pawn and Thief, so these tools are different from STOS The Game Maker, which I already have.

I found the book to compliment the Graphic Adventure Creator software I have for ST. Apparently this software kit was also made available for the Amstrad and C64, and the software works similarly across all platforms. So the user manual I found is still relevant to the ST version, since the functions (again) are similar across each platform.

If anyone wants a copy of this book then please don’t hesitate to ask.

On 9/3/2022 at 1:48 PM, ColecoGamer said:

Thank you to the people who responded. I found the book in PDF format. Stos The Graphic Adventure Creator is part of the STOS product line, but it allows you to develop (from scratch) adventure text-based games like The Pawn and Thief, so these tools are different from STOS The Game Maker, which I already have.

I found the book to compliment the Graphic Adventure Creator software I have for ST. Apparently this software kit was also made available for the Amstrad and C64, and the software works similarly across all platforms. So the user manual I found is still relevant to the ST version, since the functions (again) are similar across each platform.

If anyone wants a copy of this book then please don’t hesitate to ask.

STAC (The ST Adventure Creator) and STOS are two completely different programs made by different companies.  Which one are you looking for?

stos-game-creator-stac-atari-si-ad-usa.thumb.jpg.d8a22450e66aacda9f7b26e6be029291.jpg

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Zogging Hell said:

IIRC there was a STOS text adventure creator as well (can't remember whether it was free or not), so perhaps that is why there was a mix up :)

The STOS Adventure Creator (known as SAC) was an adventure game creator made using STOS by Deano Sharples of Silly Software.  He also developed STOS Graphic Adventure Creator so that is yet a fourth piece of software with a similar and confusing name.

Edited by MasterMotorola
typo
  • Like 2

There was AGT - Adventure Game Toolkit - that was available on the ST as well.  VERY simple to use, and VERY powerful.  Make games of Infocom quality easily.  Nice thing was it was available for the ST, Amiga, PC and Mac, and you could compile your sourcecode on each platform with no modifications.  It was shareware, but has since became free.  I bought it back in the day.

https://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archive/programming/agt/