IGNORED

Atari fans "The Fun is Back", Are you ready for some fun?

E. King

38 minutes ago, Keatah said:

Not really.

There are those opportunists and entrepreneurs that have this thing about retro stuck in their heads. And the Atari moniker seems to be the posterchild for it all.

Bingo.   It get's tiresome, doesn't it....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MASTER260 said:

Why does Atari think anyone is even gonna give a shit enough to buy these?  They should just focus on games.

If it wasn't for the Recharge series, I would have just said to hell with NuAtari because all they're doing now is trying to raise money through the latest Get-Rich-Quick schemes...

• Like 4

On 9/4/2022 at 1:01 PM, Keatah said:

There are those opportunists and entrepreneurs that have this thing about retro stuck in their heads. And the Atari moniker seems to be the posterchild for it all.

I think the 8-bit NES era has just about been milked dry on that front, and now they're heading for the 2600.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 11:13 PM, buick said:

I think the 8-bit NES era has just about been milked dry on that front, and now they're heading for the 2600.

More like targeting a new generation of middle-aged adults who have more money than brains and are easily subjected to FOMO.

And even better when sweeten with good ol' nostalgia... 🤑

• Haha 1

I may be vulnerable, have serious mental health issues and somewhat of a pervasive spending problem but at least I'm smart enough to say "no thanks". I'll stick to my current lineup as it is and only add the 7800 and XEGS onto it when I actually have both the dough for each but also some money saved up.

Besides I never been a fan of the new VCS because they will not add an SD card slot and full 8-bit Alterra emulation and full compatibility with vintage controllers so I can play either 5200 or A8 titles without having to buy an actual console.

Besides NOTHING today will ever equal the capability of a true OG vintage console with a multicart plugged in, not even my Flashback 9, as I found out, that's why I spend the bucks on vintage hardware, rather than take the easy way out and get an emulator. It's just a matter of saving that dough and only when I can get one and it's best multicart. Once I get past that hurdle then I'll be fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So how's all this stuff going? We're already months into it and no one really knows or cares about it. Nobody wants NFT crypta-stuff. I mean nobody. Nobody knows about it. And it's all needlessly complex. Nobody understands it. And nobody wants to learn how to waste time. A buncha nobodies! Heh.. Should just stop clogging the internets!

Now. The original VCS from 1977, it magically appeared on the store shelves, with little or no advance notice! And suddenly every kid in school was talking about it and getting it. We wanted this stuff. And a revolution was born. Atari's marketing department (for all we cared) needn't have existed. The product sold itself, and then some. The best products sell themselves.

NFT is a buncha throat-ramming nonsense!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

I may be vulnerable, have serious mental health issues and somewhat of a pervasive spending problem but at least I'm smart enough to say "no thanks". I'll stick to my current lineup as it is and only add the 7800 and XEGS onto it when I actually have both the dough for each but also some money saved up.

There you go.

Besides I never been a fan of the new VCS because they will not add an SD card slot and full 8-bit Alterra emulation and full compatibility with vintage controllers so I can play either 5200 or A8 titles without having to buy an actual console.

Yes. I wouldn't hold lack of built-in Altirra support against them. Altirra is a technical application, and has a learning curve, albeit a small one. It's intended to be just as it is. And you can load it on yourself anyhow. Altirra is best experienced on a premium full-featured PC. It goes beyond the kiddie-gamer console audience.

The SD slot I can agree with. It's cheap and adds versatility. And should be there. Though you do have USB Jump Drives you can use.

Besides NOTHING today will ever equal the capability of a true OG vintage console with a multicart plugged in, not even my Flashback 9, as I found out, that's why I spend the bucks on vintage hardware, rather than take the easy way out and get an emulator.

Emulators are a unique experience, oftentimes exceeding original hardware in many respects. The experience is different. Won't argue that. But it is those differences which take you to the next level.

It's just a matter of saving that dough and only when I can get one and it's best multicart. Once I get past that hurdle then I'll be fine.

Don't rush it. You'll get there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keatah said:

There you go.

Yes. I wouldn't hold lack of built-in Altirra support against them. Altirra is a technical application, and has a learning curve, albeit a small one. It's intended to be just as it is. And you can load it on yourself anyhow. Altirra is best experienced on a premium full-featured PC. It goes beyond the kiddie-gamer console audience.

The SD slot I can agree with. It's cheap and adds versatility. And should be there. Though you do have USB Jump Drives you can use.

Emulators are a unique experience, oftentimes exceeding original hardware in many respects. The experience is different. Won't argue that. But it is those differences which take you to the next level.

Don't rush it. You'll get there.

Not to start an emulator discussion but….I would so much rather emulate a Gamecube, Xbox, or PS3.  And anything that came after.  It’s all an SOC Pc nowadays anyway.  I can’t be bothered to own all of that hardware, get it modded, and fiddle with the cords and controllers.  In the words of the great Merlin, One big Modern Mess! 

• Like 1