IGNORED

Finally - A find!

wavemotion

Well... after having to live vicariously through those that seem to find Atari material just outside thier doorstep :) I've finally scored a find today. Been hitting every yard sale within miles for weeks now with no success (I wasn't just looking for Atari stuff... I did find some other video game stuff, just not Atari). Today - first stop had a nice old box of stuff. Coleco Gemini (2600 system made by Coleco) with 2 of those combo controllers in perfect shape (the ones that have the joystick and paddles built together in a single housing) and 4 boxed games in excellent condition (Space Invaders, Warlords, Pac Man, Defender all with, manuals, catalogs and Warlords appears to be the multi-lingual NTSC version with English, German, Italian, French and Spanish on the box and in the manual). Power supply, hookup cables and a few other cables (patch cords and things of that nature) for a grand total of US$5. System, controllers and carts all work great and after a few hours of painstaking cleanup (mostly dust), it all looks like new!

Overall it was a great day - later I found a nice SNES setup with all the hookups, 2 stock SNES pads and some games for US$8. For some this is small pickings... but for me it's the best find in some time!

It's nice getting that first score. I spent the longest time finding everything but Atari stuff -- mostly NES and Genesis stuff, and lucked out on a free Coleco ADAM, but still no Atari. I was fortunate in having found someone selling an Atari lot on a local Usenet newsgroup, and managed to pick up a 2600Jr with all connections, 12 controllers, and about 95 loose games (as well as 2 NES systems, PowerGlove, 16 games, 6 controllers, a Genesis system with 4 games and other miscellaneous stuff) for $75 CDN delivered to my door. It was quite the haul; I lucked out big time -- and the seller felt like he was getting the sweet deal. I guess it was his dad's old junk from the basement and therefore free money for him. :-)

It's been a little slow building from there, but it's climbing slowly but surely. :-)