IGNORED

Emulators

Nateo

Okay, I have been looking all over the place for an emulator that works on XP, but I have yet to find one that works on my machine! I would like to download PC Atari 2.5 for my computer, but the link to the download at the PC Atari homepage seems to be broken. Can anyone tell me where I can get an emulator that works on XP!?

Yup, download the windows version, works almost 100% perfect.

http://www.whimsey.com/z26/z26.html

EDIT: The links doesn't work anymore and is redirected! Does anybody know what happend? :?

Here is an alternative link (not the very latest version): http://www.emulator-zone.com/download.php/...26/Z26V209X.ZIP

I noticed this broken link too, when I tried to download the latest version! :ponder:

What is the version number for the latest? I've been trying to update my computer with the latest DASM, z26, etc. so I can get back into 2600 programming and Andrew's tutorials.

Died?  If it's corrupted, download a good copy.  The problem is that Stella doesn't work with everything that Z26 does.

Sorry, I am not going to update Stella just to work with end-user-hacked ROMs.

One would think that 100% accuracy is the goal of any emulator author.

I use my copy of Stella to play even Hacked roms and had no trouble in fact there is no 2600 rom I can't play.

If you were wonering if the copy of Z26 I had wnet corrupted. Here the odd part after this happend I download a new copy and 3 days later it died as well. It was after that I went to STELLA!!! and had no problem since. You know the same thing happend to the NES emulator I was using at the time and had to change that one as well.

If you were wonering if the copy of Z26 I had wnet corrupted. Here the odd part after this happend I download a new copy and 3 days later it died as well. It was after that I went to STELLA!!! and had no problem since. You know the same thing happend to the NES emulator I was using at the time and had to change that one as well.

Software doesn't die. Something with your PC is wrong. And z26's installation is so simple (copy & paste), that it is hard to believe that even all those bugs in Windows could corrupt it.

Which z26 version did you try (Dos/Windows)? And which OS do you use.