IGNORED

Altirra U1M install - help

TGB1718

I've just upgraded to Windows 11 (someone had to :) )

Loads of stuff missing, slowly getting it sorted, one thing, Altirra settings have gone and I'm trying

to set it up as I had it before.

If I try to add U1M in Devices by clicking "Add" there is no entry for U1M to add.

If I select Firmware Manager" I have set Ultimate 1MB to point to U1MBS3FW.ROM

If I enable Use U1M it won't boot, I also tried the default Altirra U1MB, same result.

Un-tick Use U1M and it will boot off an ATR in drive 1

I had this all working before, I just can't remember how it looked or how I set it up before.

I thought Altirra used a config file, but can't find one

Anyone advise what I'm doing wrong/missing (probably will kick myself when I find out)

I have SIDE3 installed ok pointing to my SSD image drive.

I had to upgrade due to constant "blue screen of death", nothing I did could resolve the problem, so I went

daft and upgraded my old (8-9 year old system) for a nice new motherboard/cpu/memory, so Windows 11 sort of

came with the whole upgrade.

I did the upgrade to Win 11 from 10, but it brought the BS of D with it, so this morning a clean install

got most things running as I want them, but watch out for "ONE DRIVE" it screwed up everything by moving

all my files and programs off my hard drive to OneDrive and it broke everything, all my desktop icons flew into the

cloud and all my documents too, I thought it just made a copy , what a stupid piece of software

• Sad 1

Yep, win 10 does the One drive thing, it even remaps the blooming my documents shortcut to it..

I went to delete some emulation data and could not bloody find it, after a search vis Opus it said it was in a one drive folder...

PS, I was getting a constant BSOD, turned out to be my USB drivers...Drove me insane..

Hopefully you got the U1mb going

Edited by Mclaneinc

Not got it going, :(

It's when I enable it in the Memory settings it hangs.

I think I need to try find what U1M firmware I used and point at that

It's here somewhere :)

Update: found the firmware I had saved, made it default and bingo, all working 🤩

Edited by TGB1718
Update
  • Like 2

Sort of got it going, but still some issues U1m boots, but will not run my config.sys which is on D9:

I have set the boot device to be D9: and config.sys on D9:.

I have an Autoexec.bat on that partition too and that runs fine.

My U1m BIOS is Version 4.05 and SIDE3 is Version 0.44.

I boot to SDX fine, I can see all my partitions except the FAT partition.

As config.sys does not run, I can manually type PCLINK.SYS and the PCL: device works

do the same for FATFS and it still doesn't work.

On the loader menu I can browse the AFT partition and see all the .ATR's and .XEX files on there.

FDISK also see's the FAT partition.

So I need to resolve why CONFIG.SYS doesn't run

and why I can't access the FAT partition

Warning again about ONE DRIVE (again), I mapped a folder to drive D4: on my desktop by clicking on the desktop icon

in the browse folder option, Freaking Windows 11 was pointing at the One Drive->desktop folder, the penny only dropped when 

I copied a new set of flash files onto the desktop folder and they didn't appear in the browser.

I just need a way to get rid of One Drive, it's a Microsoft Virus of the worst kind.

40 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

Turn off 'fast boot' in acceleration settings if you haven't already done so.

That fixed it, thanks very much, didn't think I would have had issues with this as all my "Atari"

stuff is on another drive which shouldn't have been affected by installing Windows 11.

The only saving grace is that I've had no BSOD's since the clean install.

I also found out you can uninstall One Drive, did it and it's gone (forever)

Edited by TGB1718
  • Like 1