IGNORED

Magical Fairy Force - Champion Edition Steam Store page now up

Ryan Witmer

Posting this here, since it's 5200 related and people who played the 5200 version might be interested.

The PC version of my 5200 game Magical Fairy Force is now up on the Steam Store.  The game isn't yet for sale, but I'm hoping to have it out in January at the latest.

The store is page is here.

This is a massively jacked-up version of the 5200 game which does a lot of the stuff I couldn't cram into a 32KB 5200 cart.

Here's a bulleted list, since I love bulleted lists:

• The original eight characters from the 5200 game return along with eight new ones.
  • Four player two-on-two mode.
  • Lots of story content, including character biographies, lots of dialog, and fully illustrated endings.
  • Tournament modes that will probably never get used, but they're cool anyway.
  • Full color-edit mode allows you to create your own character color palettes.

Here's trailer I made for it, which is also on the store page:

Anyway, this is coming soon-ish for anyone that's interested.  Haven't settled on a price yet, but I doubt it will be more than $10 US.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, leech said:

Nice!  I'll have to try it out on the Steam Deck once it releases.  Native Linux support?

As native as it gets, I do all my main development on Linux.  Not sure how well it will work on a Steam Deck though, I don't have one to test on.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Took a bit longer than expected, but this thing is finally done and available for a modest $4.99 on Steam.

I've also also posted the complete C++ source code for anyone who's interested in that sort of thing.

I'm planning to do a special release day stream on twitch in a few hours where I'll be playing the game and just goofing around.

• Like 1