IGNORED

Need some basic questions about the XEGS answered

Gunstar

I've only ever had experience with the XE computers and 800/XL machines, but I'm trouble shooting an XEGS for Kepone and was just wondering about some of the basics like I assume that the blue basic language screen with the cursor is supposed to appear like on other 8-bits if a cart isn't inserted? What button needs to be held down to access the built-in Missle Command game; select, option? Right now the system powers up, but other than a brief flash on the screen, it still remains black, no blue screen and no games screen when a cart is inserted. At first i though it might be a power short or a problem with the cart slot, but if the internal game won't show up or the blue basic screen, then it must be some other problem. like a bad GTIA chip possibly...I was hoping it would be an easy and obvious fix, but I guess I'm going to have to pull out the ol' multimeter and start tracing circuits... :roll: Any one else had a similiar problem that might shed some light on the situation to save me some time?

I had a similar problem with my XE system years ago.  Turns out, all it needed was a new power supply.  You may want to check the voltage on your transformer to make sure it is supplying the right current to your system.

Thanks, but I know that's not the problem; kepone sent me just the base unit to save on shipping and I'm using my 130XE power supply to test it, which I knwo works fine because I use it with my 130XE. (same identical PS) Not too mention that I get the same results with my PS as Kepone does with his...