IGNORED

It's Conner time 2! (DONE!!!!) The final is here!

Ecernosoft

Hello!

Ok, so I get it, ICT1 isn't amazing. ICT as a series is more of me as a dev doing or proving things.

WARNING: flashing images will occur after 40 seconds of doing absolutely nothing

Read below for a tutorial on how to explore the game!
But, a lot of you liked ICT1 on the 2600 (And It's called It's Conner time, ICT is just an acronym) and I thought I'd go ahead and make a sequel.

Also, three things to note:

1. There might not be music in the final due to the weirdness of the TIA and the fact I want sfx

2. No scrolling, using 48 bytes of RAM wasn't really worth it, and I thought I'd be creative.

3. This is based on It's Conner time  Special! After all, and all of it's screens could be replicated on the 2600 using a mirrored playfeild. This is sort of ICT special's 2600 port, but it's more than that.

Here it is: ICT2 (29).a26

Source code: ICT2 (8).a; This is the COMPLETE version. Some bug fixes may be implemented too.

At the end, there is a pipe you can go into. Going into that (And by the way, you CAN walk through pipes) brings you to the rock section. Jump over the pipe to enter it.

Spoiler

Here's a tip for completing the rock section: When in the rock section, choose a path. None lead to death, although one leads to a bonus and the other leads to a key part of the game: The key section.

In this section, there is a column of seemingly identical screens. Go left on the platform screen to see a room with a key. Get 3 keys and then keep going up (Via the platforms) to see the enterance to the boss. Jump on his head a few times and whala, you beat the game!

Also, falling into pits doesn't kill you! (usually) Explore, and you can swim to the ceiling in the water section to exit it. (Also, holes. And jump on the thin lines (moving platforms) to go "Back up".)

I really hope you guys liked the first, and I hope you guys like this as well.  This is expanding on ICT1's method of doing things with the repeated screens and all, but better.

Notice: The kernal I have made is very crammed. It's chalk full of drawing everything (I couldn't get dodraw to work) and some things can "glitch" graphically.

My compression method is similar to Metroid if you want to use that too.

After beating Turbo's clone of Conner, You'll go to his castle.

Jump into Turbo's head 5 times to kill him!!!

To get to him, go in the pipe at his castle.

After beating him, You'll notice the ICT below turned yellow, symbolizing you beat the game!

10/15/2022: Working on a title-screen!

image.thumb.png.23ff7d788941d74317a2aca1791f927e.png; In current version

The reason it looks weird is the "ICT" us made of Missile 0, the Playfeild, and Player 1 (Since "ICT" requires a minimum of 10 pixels and using the mirrored playfeild wouldn't work for the bottom of the I)

Also, if you guys want to see the (Actually interesting and playable) minus worlds of ICT1 and ICT2 (ICT2's one is so much better though ;) ) i can show you and the next version can have it accessable through a secret in plain sight... (Hint: Revisit the same screen twice)

Get to Turbo's castle!!

Good luck! If you want a tutorial, I can provide one.

Ok, so some of you have been having some trouble with ICT2....

Use the images below for refrence.

1. Pits don't always mean death

This is NOT a mario game/clone. If you crossed Metroid and Super Mario and some Sonic, you'd get ICT2.

Try to fall into pits to see if it leads somewhere! This is a key element of the game.

2. Use platforms

Platforms lead you back where you fell.

If you fall into a section (The cave section to be specific) and you see a line that changes color due to you're Y position, jump on it to "Go back" from where you just fell.

3. GO LEFT

Going left gives you rewards! Or maybe, a new section of the game.

4. LOOK AT YE IMAGES 

The images give clues on how to play this game!

5. If you have questions, ASK

Don't be a goof ball!

6. Dbug mode

If you still need help with the game, try to find Dbug mode. (Hint- it's accessable by revisiting a screen more than once!)

7. Minus world

If you STILL aren't having enough fun with ICT2 you can revisit the first screen to see the wall that stops you from going left has dissapeared. Go left and explore the minus world!

image.png; USE THESE!, These give you powers! 

Hopefully, @ZeroPage Homebrew will get to review this (And it's prequel) too. They are both much easier games, and both games only have 1 or 2 pits. (I'm pretty sure @ZeroPage Homebrewwill appreciate that!!!)

Edited by Ecernosoft
DONE
  • Like 2

image.thumb.png.6dcea9df9a00fe6c5c798eee21eca68f.png

image.png.e30b7b6294ae55752b35615238120bf4.png; Mushrooms can be jumped on.

; Falling into the pit here brings you to the water section. Swim back up to get out!

image.thumb.png.03943de426fbd759ad6f8026c7f7a2d5.png; Here's the water section. No goodies.... yet...  (I'm currently working on a second water section)

image.thumb.png.15a32d9fed5336fe1785c47ad541b1aa.png; This pipe will take you to the cave section.. but be careful!

image.png

image.thumb.png.16d15385204ec431651d67eee5ba5d45.png; Woah! Watch out for these jumping fish!

image.thumb.png.db6b4f5df3204a87ed9e9739ae1f59e8.png

image.png.ca360031959847200424f4266fcbbd14.png; Woah! Use platforms (These lines) to go back up.

image.thumb.png.325f03d36446d39f511c737b4243ad73.png; Sorry, forgot the photos! (This is the cliff section! Fall down and you'll recieve a gift, then jump to the right!)

; Using the high jump suit, you're jump height is doubled.

image.thumb.png.ee17c1964c5f0d3e9b08cd9ed58970ad.png; The varia suit isn't implemented yet (There's no enemies to kill) but in the final, it works similar to Metroid's Varia suit.

image.thumb.png.1d1fcfb4a2d3a7f4fe1e0a90c8f90945.pngimage.thumb.png.40bbcfded157e6654e9e0f53f7a0913d.png

image.png.4e0e59d41de7d6708ba2c5989c9e7586.png; After falling from the cliff section seen above, you'll find this flower. Pick it up to recieve super powers! Blue Conner (High jump Conner) can jump higher and Orange Conner (Varia Conner) can be invincible while jumping to certain enemies. . (In future versions, he will just be invincible while jumping and kill/damage any enemies he touches while jumping.

image.thumb.png.6384c57a4e984dd0864ac0c71572d0cd.png; Woah! did Turbo create a cloning machine? And I heard he made a enlargement machine too...

Edited by Ecernosoft
  • Like 1

ngl...judging by your sprite work, it's impressive for a beginner so far. As much as I would love test this game, I might have to do it at a later time unfortunately. Though, admittedly, I honestly don't like beta testing that much. Then again, I rememeber being willing to test @Fort Apocalypse's Goat Dungeon because it reminded me of Goat Simulator.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, r_chase said:

ngl...judging by your sprite work, it's impressive for a beginner so far. As much as I would love test this game, I might have to do it at a later time unfortunately. Though, admittedly, I honestly don't like beta testing that much. Then again, I rememeber being willing to test @Fort Apocalypse's Goat Dungeon because it reminded me of Goat Simulator.

Thanks. 😃
I understand my kernal is Terrible and would like to improve on my terrible kernal as well.

Artifacts are sometimes present. I'm also currently working on a title-screen.

Also, I have a 2600 and 7800.

Edited by Ecernosoft
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Traxx said:

Awesome!

Thanks !

10 hours ago, mika said:

cool! not exactly sure what i am doing, as i fell into the cave and ate some powerups which dont seem to do anything, but i like it as a concept.

Jumpman will be animated at the later stage of development, correct?

I can record a longplay if you want.

And my character is "Conner" as mentioned in the name. 😃 And yes, I just made an update @mika!

Edited by Ecernosoft

10 hours ago, mika said:

cool! not exactly sure what i am doing, as i fell into the cave and ate some powerups which dont seem to do anything, but i like it as a concept.

Jumpman will be animated at the later stage of development, correct?

Speaking of 'Cave section' and not knowing what to do, want me to make a ICT2 tutorial?

still very buggy, but i like where you are heading with it, thera are enemies now, and the sprite is animated. but when i hit fire i just keep flying and very soon i have ended on the screen with a lock, where i couldnt go neither direction.

if you polish the controls, and get rid of all the bugs it can turn into a good game!

3 hours ago, mika said:

still very buggy, but i like where you are heading with it, thera are enemies now, and the sprite is animated. but when i hit fire i just keep flying and very soon i have ended on the screen with a lock, where i couldnt go neither direction.

if you polish the controls, and get rid of all the bugs it can turn into a good game!

Odd. Could you send me a video of the bug you are experiencing?

And you might be in the water section. ;) 

It's certainly an ambitious concept, that's for sure.... that said, the game feels pretty directionless right now. Maybe it's because not everything is implemented, but quite frankly it feels like I'm getting into areas that aren't even intended. I don't totally recall how I reached the area pictured, but I'm like 90% certain it's garbage data the game is interpreting as a level.

673909299_ICT2(17).thumb.png.2e55106e1119c184e500f40684695bdb.png

I'm not sure if the code that takes you from screen to screen is working correctly... I'd take another look at that.

On 10/19/2022 at 5:30 PM, bluswimmer said:

It's certainly an ambitious concept, that's for sure.... that said, the game feels pretty directionless right now. Maybe it's because not everything is implemented, but quite frankly it feels like I'm getting into areas that aren't even intended. I don't totally recall how I reached the area pictured, but I'm like 90% certain it's garbage data the game is interpreting as a level.

673909299_ICT2(17).thumb.png.2e55106e1119c184e500f40684695bdb.png

I'm not sure if the code that takes you from screen to screen is working correctly... I'd take another look at that.

Welp.... I added a secret.. 😃

I am a personal fan of "The minus world" of SMB and other games. (Most every 8 and 16 bit game has one!)

i added a secret where if you went back to the start screen in some versions, you'd see the wall gone. If you continued, then you could go "To the minus world". 

It's a feature of both ICT1 7800 and ICT2 2600.

For debug reasons I'd also do stuff like set it to pointers to real worlds too, as I've probably done in the current version.

Congrats @bluswimmer!

Edit: That's because I haven't finished it yet. There's no "Goal" to the game yet. At the end (Like ICT1) you'll save Princess dililah from TURBO.

Edit 2: Now the game IS done, so enjoy it!!!

Edited by Ecernosoft
  • Like 1