IGNORED

Activision Anthology: Remix Edition for Win/Mac..

Wntermute

I have a an observation...

The fact that Mumbo Jumbo is publishing this, a company that normally sells downloadable games, shows how marginal the perceived market is for commercial emulation on PC platforms.

However, $29.95 is not really a budget pricepoint.

I hope they sell more than the bean-counters expect they do.

But, I really hope they built a better mousetrap.

On the PC, you really have to offer a better experience than what you get from Stella.

For instance, I'd like to see more extensive and user-friendly controller mappings (directInput).

I'd also like to see high score saves (which we know are technically possible from the PS2 unlockables) that can post to the web ala Atari Arcade Hits.

I don't think either of these would have taken much extra dev time to deliver.

Then there is the obvious question of whether this will be hackable to load arbitrary ROM images... What about downloadable ROMs ala the aborted PS2 feature?

Will be looking forward to the initial reviews.

Well, after a year I finally picked up a copy of the Anthology for the PS2 (actually, I just got a PS2 from my nieces who weren't using it anymore; I'm an XBOX guy!!)...

Anyway, I was very impressed by the presentation and the games. As for the remix, I would suggest:

1) when you toggle the difficulty switches, have a graphical representation on the screen of what each is set to

2) high score saving definitely

3) an easy way to exit a game without a million prompts (4 if you don't have a memory card)

4) I might be missing something, but when I play Barnstorming there are no geese/birds to avoid. Any ideas???

Overall, a great package. Hopefully it will make it to the XBOX too!! :)

Well, after a year I finally picked up a copy of the Anthology for the PS2 (actually, I just got a PS2 from my nieces who weren't using it anymore; I'm an XBOX guy!!)...

Anyway, I was very impressed by the presentation and the games.  As for the remix, I would suggest:

1) when you toggle the difficulty switches, have a graphical representation on the screen of what each is set to

2) high score saving definitely

3) an easy way to exit a game without a million prompts (4 if you don't have a memory card)

4) I might be missing something, but when I play Barnstorming there are no geese/birds to avoid.  Any ideas???

Overall, a great package.  Hopefully it will make it to the XBOX too!! :)

I agree about the difficulty switches. The birds only appear when you fly at high speeds (hold down the joystick button).

I had a really hard time with getting the scores to open up the hidden stuff on barnstorming and I'm currently stuck on the third item in megamania.