IGNORED

Atari 410 idler tire

stushug

I just purchased a 410 from ebay. The belts were all very stretched so I bought the 4 belt kit from Console5. After changing the belts I noticed the deck still didn't work in play. I found a rather deep scar on the drive tire for play. Anyone know a source for replacement tires?

I know the deck only plays when the computer tells it to, and that part is working. The motor comes on when it's supposed to, the problem seems to be isolated to this worn tire.

I uploaded pictures for reference. The spindle circled in green is the one I pulled the bad tire from. The scar is circled in teal.

20221019_160444.jpg

20221019_160539.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I found something that I think may work. The site is: https://fixyouraudio.com/

I removed the tire and measured the diameter of the spindle itself and my new measurements are ID 11.7mm x OD 19mm x Thickness 2.4mm

They have a tire that is 11.8mm x 19mm x 2.0mm. I think that will work. I can let you know when I get them or you can order your own now. They are located in Europe so it may take a while to receive them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/17/2022 at 4:46 PM, stushug said:

The tires from https://fixyouraudio.com/  arrived today and I installed them in my two 410's. They work perfectly. See pic for part number and description.

Atari 410 Idler Tire.jpg

Thanks for the the link.  I've been looking for these a long time.  I just order 4 of them. They look like they have lots of parts, maybe I'll try to fix my old TEAC cassette recorder too.

On 11/17/2022 at 4:46 PM, stushug said:

The tires from https://fixyouraudio.com/  arrived today and I installed them in my two 410's. They work perfectly. See pic for part number and description.

Atari 410 Idler Tire.jpg

Just remember to leave the PLAY and PAUSE buttons pressed when the 410 isn't being used and you shouldn't have to replace the tire again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mutterminder said:

Thanks for the the link.  I've been looking for these a long time.  I just order 4 of them. They look like they have lots of parts, maybe I'll try to fix my old TEAC cassette recorder too.

The people on this site have helped me countless times. It's nice to be able give something back for a change!  I hope they work out for you.

• Like 1