IGNORED

Atari xe

Bails

Trying to get info and value on my Atari xe.

it has the zapper, correct color joystick, keyboard, console, power supply, games, no box. The system does power on other than that I don’t know much about it and I’ve never played it.

Someone wants to buy it and I don’t want  to rip them off and I don’t want to let it go for less than what  a honest value would be. 

1474D282-9BD1-452E-8A1B-7DE8D9389DF9.jpeg

141668F3-8283-4E0B-9DFE-BFFA19B68D0F.jpeg

7E521588-CBDF-41FF-B767-D6D9B7249F13.jpeg

D1337276-516E-4092-8794-E4AEBC04D999.jpeg

BDA7B68C-F0FB-441B-8FD8-C38EB466F6A0.jpeg

63476BEE-556E-44E3-BE1C-E1806A66019F.jpeg

38850A79-9AD2-40A0-A06A-A80D17C90D57.jpeg

• Like 1

So this is an Atari XEGS (NTSC) console. Nice looking collection BTW.

Values are a tricky one. There is a fair amount there.

So this is purely based on prices I've seen on Ebay which I grant you is experiencing a price bubble which sees at times these things being sold for silly money. Also I'll list in pounds as I am in the UK. Just wack it into an online currency converter to get your current US dollar equivalent. 

Generally I've seen some working XEGS with just the main console, keyboard and a power supply go for between £150 and £300. With a gun perhaps between £200 to £350. And maybe I've seen untested ones between £120-£180, console and keyboard only. 

They are generally to be listed for more if you have the original box. 

Given yours is additionally selling with lots of cart games and an fairly sought after Atari 5 1/4" drive I'd hazard a guess you'd not want to part with this for less than £500 minimum. Others may say otherwise and again this is based on Ebay listing prices. As I say these things are tricky. 

What I'd probably do is this. Wait until Ebay has one of there regular 80% off final fees deals. List it once said deal is activated. Post the listing as a buy it now with a listing price of a value higher than say £600. Set the make me an offer but make sure you don't have an auto accept. See what offers you get. 

As I say others may say different.  The listing prices for eBay are obviously different to the actual prices things sell at. Lots of listings will sit there with unrealistic prices and simply never sell. 

Edit: just re-read that you have a potential buyer. So out of interest has your potential buyer made an offer? 

Also at this stage you don't know if the disk drive works.

Also have you gone into the self test keyboard test to see if all the keys work? Also have you run the memory test from the menu too? 

I'd definitely play some games to make sure it runs them all too. 

Have you tested the light gun with bug hunt? Light Guns only work on old crt TVs BTW and not with modern LCD and led non-crt displays. 

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

@Beeblebrox Thank you for replying with the info on this. We have agreed on a price, it is lower than what your guessing the package is worth but I’m a man of my word and I’m going to honor what we talked about price wise. I’ve had it for over 15 years and never plugged it in until yesterday that’s why it’s plugged into that little 7 inch portable tv, I was seeing if it would power on. Without the keyboard plugged in missile command comes up. When keyboard is plugged in it goes to the self test screen and I never tried in of the games. The guy buying it builds gaming computers and I just happened to run into him at a thrift store talking to the manager about a Atari he always wanted as a kid and if she ever saw this certain Atari to let him know. So at least it’s going to someone that will actually play it and maybe I helped him fulfill his childhood dream gaming console.

• Like 1

Hi. Cool.

A heads up. I don't think the machine going into self test like that automatically on booting is necessarily a good sign.

One thing you can do is run the memory test. If you get any red blocks showing in either rom or ram there is a failure. 

Sounds like the guy you sold it to will be able to sort it but thought I'd mention it. 

I maybe wrong as not had an XEGS before. The memory test and also keyboard tests will confirm. 

Do other carts work Incidentally? 

19 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Hi. Cool.

A heads up. I don't think the machine going into self test like that automatically on booting is necessarily a good sign.

One thing you can do is run the memory test. If you get any red blocks showing in either rom or ram there is a failure. 

Sounds like the guy you sold it to will be able to sort it but thought I'd mention it. 

I maybe wrong as not had an XEGS before. The memory test and also keyboard tests will confirm. 

Do other carts work Incidentally? 

I honestly don’t know I never tried any of them