IGNORED

ColecoVision adapter for the Master System - available now!

Apocalypse

On 4/7/2024 at 10:02 AM, mdoerty said:

I am interested in learning more about this project as well.

That was my way of saying “put me on the list”! Looking forward to seeing this item come out. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Colecoco Masters are finally available.

You can order them from Mitsurugi-w from Arcade Projects, no need to register, you can order by sending an e-mail to 'his username with _ instead of -' at hotmail dot com, with COLECOCO MASTER (in capital letters) as the subject.

APOCALYPSE - Coming Soon: ColeCoco Master Adapter!! | Arcade-Projects Forums

Price is $69 + shipping and for now they're sent from the US, people outside of America may want to do a group buy to save on shipping and tax.

P.S.: list updated :)

• Like 1

Hey guys.  I'm here also.  I haven't used this account in almost 8 years. Lol.  You can contact me here as well.  I'll try to keep up with messages on this site as well.

International shipping is expensive and unfortunately no real way around that.  Cheapest from me to most of the world is UPS which cost will be between $35 and $45 usd in most cases. 

I DO NOT recommend it but if you want to take the risk of choosing 1st Class shipping it will be cheaper but tracking doesn't always work in other countries and they WILL NOT guarantee it.  Meaning if it gets lost they won't compensate.

Hopefully once we get our webshop up we can offer other shipping services too.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2024 at 9:06 PM, mitsurugi-w said:

You can contact me here as well.  I'll try to keep up with messages on this site as well.

Since the online store isn't up yet, what is is the processing after emailing you?   If we're in the US, are we just paypaying you and you ship as you make them?   Do you have a batch premade?   

Eager to learn more on the ordering process.  Thank you

Yes I have a batch pre-made.  30 units ready to ship with 9 sold so far.  And yes you just paypal me and I ship immediately.  Every cart that has been paid for has already been dropped at the post office with the exception of UPS which will be picked up tomorrow.

This is how we have done all orders at Arcade-projects for almost a decade now.  No bad feedback yet. :) The shop is coming but no idea when but it's not imminent. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

BTW, have you or know of anyone who has tried using the Atarimax Ultimate SD cartridge with it yet?

Only OG carts. The cartridge slot on the CV is pretty basic, all signals are handled correctly by the adpater, therefore I'm expecting the Atarimax Ultimate SD to be compatible.

27 minutes ago, mitsurugi-w said:

Several of you should be receiving your Colecoco Masters today.  Can't wait to see some pics and feedback.

Got mine! This thing is cool!

ALSO — It will play (smaller) SGM games with the Coleco Chameleon adapter!  The ATARIMAX cart works too!

image.thumb.jpeg.fec1843a6c2164991175dce852766e0f.jpeg

@mitsurugi-w, I'm seeing some graphical oddities that I suspect is because I'm using a 50hz SMS, modified to PAL60 (the crystal was not changed).  This behavior is the same with original carts, and my two flash carts.  Video starts clean and then gets corrupted.  Most games will actually play fine after you get past the skill select, but others are exhibiting corruption during game play (Mouse Trap for example).  I've tried PAL and NTSC modes  on the ColeCoCo with the same results.

I'm guessing I just need to find a unmolested NTSC or PAL machine but wanted to ask :)  Thanks again!

Also please note this is NOT a complaint, this adapter is amazing!

image.thumb.jpeg.f4893ff80ff8dfc549fecc2f8acc5295.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0a643477b4bde719935932868398f2ff.jpeg

47 minutes ago, DNA128k said:

my two flash carts.

I see that one of them is the Atarimax Ultimate.  What is the other one?   Glad to see that it works!

EDIT:  Oh never mind, the other one is the Chameleon.  I have that too and am looking forward using it. 

Have you tried running SG-1000 and other systems on it?  Since the ColeCoCo is based on the SG-1000 compatibility mode, I wonder how those ROMs would play on the SMS via ColecoVision via SG-1000

Edited by RockLobster