IGNORED

ColecoVision adapter for the Master System - available now!

Apocalypse

4 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

I see that one of them is the Atarimax Ultimate.  What is the other one?   Glad to see that it works!

Just saw your edit — yes my SG-1000 titles boot right up on the Chameleon.  Though I have to assume it's translating SG-100 to CV to SMS/SG-1000...  I think it's probably easier to buy a $14 SMS flashcart from China for those titles haha.

Edited by DNA128k

4 minutes ago, DNA128k said:

I think it's probably easier to buy a $14 SMS flashcart from China for those titles haha.

Ha probably that's not why we like this stuff!   LOL. I should get mine tomorrow.

Yeah I have an Everdrive knockoff for the SMS and it plays SG-1000 perfectly.

Would you mind sharing photos of games where the color palette is off on the SMS+ColecoV Adapter vs a real ColecoVision?

Let us investigate a bit more.  Graphical glitches could be from something as simple as dirty cart slots or complicated as the algorithm.  Apoc will double check the files I've used to program the carts but let's see if others have the same issues.  In my testing and assembling the most obvious cause of gfx issues was a bad or failing z80.  One batch I received was completely bad and unusable but no batch has had zero faulty ones.  We've tried to get NOS but you never really know.

That being said if we determine that a component is faulty we WILL get you a replacement and make it right. 

Thanks for the feedback so far!

14 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

Ha probably that's not why we like this stuff!   LOL. I should get mine tomorrow.

Yeah I have an Everdrive knockoff for the SMS and it plays SG-1000 perfectly.

Would you mind sharing photos of games where the color palette is off on the SMS+ColecoV Adapter vs a real ColecoVision?

Haha I can't argue with that ;) The palette is off on everything due to the VDP revision used in the SMS, same way as the SG-1000 titles play on an SMS — mainly colors are "darker".  The 240p test suite shot in my other post is a good example — the girl's hair is bright red on a CV, and her skin is a more "Simpsons" yellow.

Edited by DNA128k

1 minute ago, mitsurugi-w said:

Let us investigate a bit more.  Graphical glitches could be from something as simple as dirty cart slots or complicated as the algorithm.  Apoc will double check the files I've used to program the carts but let's see if others have the same issues.  In my testing and assembling the most obvious cause of gfx issues was a bad or failing z80.  One batch I received was completely bad and unusable but no batch has had zero faulty ones.  We've tried to get NOS but you never really know.

That being said if we determine that a component is faulty we WILL get you a replacement and make it right. 

Sounds like a plan —  I really appreciate it!  I'm happy to email videos (or post here) etc as well — just let me know if you need anything on my end and I'll make it happen.

5 minutes ago, Miketage said:

and starting to see some graphical issues.

Looks like graphical issues similar to @DNA128k's game selection screen from his original snapshots post.  

Do you only see those glitches on where there's supposed to be text?   Any glitches for in game graphics?

Also, are the glitches in the same places all the time or otherwise?

11 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

Looks like graphical issues similar to @DNA128k's game selection screen from his original snapshots post.  

Do you only see those glitches on where there's supposed to be text?   Any glitches for in game graphics?

Also, are the glitches in the same places all the time or otherwise?

Zaxxon crashed out with garbage graphics, reset and the menu appeared from my last pic. I turned it off and let it rest a few and now it's fine again graphics-wise, though some games that loaded before aren't loading now.

Also not an issue but I noticed its loading games much faster on the pi cart than it did on my Colecovision. Just sharing everything I'm noticing.

2 hours ago, DNA128k said:

ALSO — It will play (smaller) SGM games with the Coleco Chameleon adapter!  The ATARIMAX cart works too!

For me its playing SGM games on the Pi cart but no sound haha

Edited by Miketage

6 minutes ago, DNA128k said:

I failed to mention that it definitely will not do SGM sound, but hey you can play Deep Dungeon Adventure!

Not the end of the world but I already have dreams of the potential in this little device, I'm having fun with this!

17 minutes ago, Miketage said:

Also not an issue but I noticed its loading games much faster on the pi cart than it did on my Colecovision. Just sharing everything I'm noticing.

@Miketage and @DNA128k, have you guys only see the graphical glitches from your multi/flash carts or have you also seen them on real / original physical cartridges too?

13 minutes ago, Miketage said:

For me its playing SGM games on the Pi cart but no sound haha

Do you have another flashcard like the Atarimax?

1 hour ago, mitsurugi-w said:

Thanks for staying engaged with the community.  I look forward to testing mine when it hopefully arrives tomorrow.

Also, is this the Colecoco user updatable through new firmware or software?

1 minute ago, RockLobster said:

have you guys only see the graphical glitches from your multi/flash carts or have you also seen them on real / original physical cartridges too?

Do you have another flashcard like the Atarimax?

I tested a bunch with real carts and flash carts (Atarimax and Chameleon).  The per-game behavior is actually exactly the same between flash and real cartridge.

• Like 1

@DNA128k & @Miketage I'm really sorry to hear you're experiencing issues guys.

To help us troubleshoot, can you list the original carts you've tried please?

I'm wondering if the multicarts are adding too much load on the 5V rail on top of the ColeCoco Master. Or if the 3.3V signals they send to the console are compatible with the CPLD in the adapter.

Or maybe a manufacturing defect of the adapters themselves. I have tested around 130 games here with a bankswitched cart (basically a big ROM with dispswitches to select the game), but it's all 5V inside.

Just now, Apocalypse said:

I'm wondering if the multicarts are adding to much load on the 5V rail on top of the ColeCoco Master. Or if the 3.3V signals they send to the console are compatible with the CPLD in the adapter.

Or maybe a manufacturing defect of the adapters themselves. I have tested around 130 games here with a bankswitched cart (basically a big ROM with dispswitches to select the game), but it's all 5V inside.

Yessir!  And it's no problem at all, I'm fascinated by this thing all the same 😆  I just sent you some videos via PM, but I tried the below on real carts, all w/ similar issues:

Subroc

Centipede

Antarctic Adventure (this one seems fine, or the corruption isn't noticeable)

Space Fury

Zaxxon

16 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

Thanks for staying engaged with the community.  I look forward to testing mine when it hopefully arrives tomorrow.

Also, is this the Colecoco user updatable through new firmware or software?

Yes it is updateable but probably not by the average user.  If an update is required we will do it for free of course.

4 minutes ago, mitsurugi-w said:

That's one of the carts I use for testing as it's the only original cart I have.

As for multicarts, I have the Atarimax, Chameleon and the BackBit Pro.

Here are my original carts to help test once mine arrives:

Carnival

Cosmic Avenger

Defender

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Junior

Frogger II:  Threedeep

Front Line

Gorf

Keystone Kapers

Lady Bug

Looping

Mouse Trap

Mr. Do!

Omega Race

Pepper II

Pitstop

Popeye

Q*bert

River Raid

Rocky Super Action Boxing

Sir Lancelot

Slither

Smurf

Space Fury

Space Panic

Star Trek SOS

Subrog

Super Action Football

Time Pilot

Turbo

Venture

Victory

War Games

11 minutes ago, DNA128k said:

Yessir!  And it's no problem at all, I'm fascinated by this thing all the same 😆  I just sent you some videos via PM, but I tried the below on real carts, all w/ similar issues:

Subroc

Centipede

Antarctic Adventure (this one seems fine, or the corruption isn't noticeable)

Space Fury

Zaxxon

Thanks, all of those I have tested on my homemade multicart without any issue.

What power adapter are you using with your Master System?

22 minutes ago, Apocalypse said:

I'm wondering if the multicarts are adding too much load on the 5V rail on top of the ColeCoco Master. Or if the 3.3V signals they send to the console are compatible with the CPLD in the adapter.

Zaxxon - glitched out and crashed first boot but no problems since, just tried again.

Turbo - select game option work no matter what I press.

Donkey Kong - rolling glitchy graphics some and black screen mostly (always possible its my cart)

I've cleaned all three very well prior to testing.