IGNORED

Question from a newbie

brockj

also, i am also trying to program, so i ws wondering if you can get me the 2600 for newbies in one document? I have tried and I always get messed up, so I am asking your help. I want to print it so I dont have to keep minimizing the windows to read how to do something, I could just look it up in a bunch of papers.

Definately go throught the tutorials in the homebrew forum. They are really well done.

Download the stella programmers guide. There should be a link to it somewhere on this site. I'm sorry, I don't have time to find it right now, but you should be able to find it pretty easily. Read over it a few times. A lot of it won't make much sense to you at first, so just try to understand the general concepts.

Check Ebay for some old 6502 assembly books. I got a really good one for $7. The one I have is 6502 Assembly Language Subroutines, by Leventhal Saville. That is the only one that I have, but I'm sure that someone here can suggest some other good books.

Also, make sure you join the stella mailing list. The link is on the page that Big Player suggested. You can search the archives for different keywords. I plan on reading through more of the archives before starting my next game. The people on that list really know what they're talking about.