IGNORED

So, what were they smoking on over at Game Informer?

King Atari

Reading through the current issue of GI, I noticed a little mistake. In the back they have an article about CGE 2003. Okay, that's cool. I came upon a little summary about a promotional beach ball for Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes. So far, so good. But then, at the end of the paragraph, they say "The game was never released, but an emulation of the title is now widely available". Huh? Did they do any research on the game at all? It's listed as a 4 here.

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...wareLabelID=406

So, does anyone want to contact them about this?

You can be in an exclusive club, but I am the only one in the ultra-exclusive club for owners of the much sought-after E.T. cartridge.  There's only one in the world and I have it in a safe deposit box in an undisclosed location.
You may want to check that box sometime, because I'm the current owner of that cart.

I also own the ultra-rare Pacman and Combat carts.

Please, I got all of you beat, I have an unreleased version of Space Invaders. How do I know? Because the label is all text, no picture! Duh!

I've got something even more extremely-ultra-rare than that...it's called the Atari 2600 "jr.", a smaller, more compact version of the 2600. I'm not sure why Atari never released this to the public! Bet I could make tons of $$$ on eBay with this! :roll: :roll: :grin:

You can be in an exclusive club, but I am the only one in the ultra-exclusive club for owners of the much sought-after E.T. cartridge.  There's only one in the world and I have it in a safe deposit box in an undisclosed location.

I have a hunch your "undisclosed location" is somewhere in New Mexico... :ponder: :lol:

Yeah,

I read that, but thought they meant the ball was never produced.  Maybe it was to be a pack in like the MASH t-shirt?  That ball looks like an eye poking machine....

I thought that at first, too, but after re-reading it, I realized they were talking about the game. After all, how could emulation of a beach ball be widely available? I mean, I know it's been done in some parts of Hong Kong, but in the US? Nah.

:D

I have a hunch your "undisclosed location" is somewhere in New Mexico... :ponder: :lol:

... in a safe deposit "box" about 20-something feet below the earth's surface, covered with a concrete slab. Along with about x-thousand more elusive E.T. carts inside... :ponder:

Geez... you really are lucky. You got more of those things than you thought you had! :D