IGNORED

NTSC Motorodeo and Ikari Warriors Dumped

Albert

Motorodeo.gifThanks go out to Matt Reichert of AtariProtos.com, who has supplied us with dumps of his NTSC Motorodeo and Ikari Warriors cartridges for all to enjoy. PAL versions of these games have been available for some time, but NTSC versions of these rare games have not been freely available before now. Please visit our Motorodeo and Ikari Warriors pages to download the binaries and view screenshots.

Exactly. So why is this such great news?

Ok... Try and stay with me on this. They're in NTSC format. Not only will they not roll on your TV, but they'll have he correct colors as well. Using an emulator you're probably not going to notice anything, but if you plan on using a Cuttle Cart or burning the rom onto a EPROM you'll actually be able to play it properly.

Tempest

They're in NTSC format. Not only will they not roll on your TV' date=' but they'll have he correct colors as well. Using an emulator you're probably not going to notice anything,

[/quote']

Right. For the 99% of people who only use an emulator, this is a non-story.

but if you plan on using a Cuttle Cart or burning the rom onto a EPROM you'll actually be able to play it properly.

In other words, for the few with the capability to create an EPROM or the few who have a wallet busting Cuttle Cart, this is great news. :sleep:

Sorry to be so harsh, but this news isn't all that spectacular, IMO.

They're in NTSC format.  Not only will they not roll on your TV, but they'll have he correct colors as well. Using an emulator you're probably not going to notice anything,

Most people here also like playing these games on an actual TV with an actual Atari 2600 using a 2600 joystick without having to get an old TV with verticle hold to support a PAL game.

Emulation is good for reference, but does not compare to playing the games on a real system.

Most people here also like playing these games on an actual TV with an actual Atari 2600 using a 2600 joystick without having to get an old TV with verticle hold to support a PAL game.

My point is (do I have to keep making it?) is that most people do not have the ability to play these on their TV anyway making this a non-story. Unless everyone but me has a Cuttle Cart...

My point is (do I have to keep making it?) is that most people do not have the ability to play these on their TV anyway making this a non-story. Unless everyone but me has a Cuttle Cart...

You can buy a repro from a variety of sources for about $15-25, making this a noteworthy story in my eyes.

In other words, for the few with the capability to create an EPROM or the few who have a wallet busting Cuttle Cart, this is great news.  

Sorry to be so harsh, but this news isn't all that spectacular, IMO.

You know what? Then ignore this thread! I never said this news was spectacular or earth shattering. I just thought it would be nice to release the NTSC versions of these roms to the community. If you don't have anything positive to say why don't you go elsewhere.

Tempest

Uhm, Dude? Switch to decaf.

Thanks for the dumps Tempest...

Cheers,

Ben

You know what?  Then ignore this thread!  I never said this news was spectacular or earth shattering.  I just thought it would be nice to release the NTSC versions of these roms to the community.  If you don't have anything positive to say why don't you go elsewhere.

You don't have to be hostile. I was just making a point.

Some people... :roll:

These were dumped a loooooooooooooooooooooong time ago, thanks to bfstats but I guess they never made it into the database.  

Yes that's true, these were dumped back at PC4 when they were still Dan's carts. However the dumps got lost somehow between PC4 and CGE when I got the carts in a trade. I assumed that they had been posted so I never bothered to redump them until today.

Long story short, thank Dan for trading me the carts so I could redump them. :)

Tempest

I assumed that they had been posted so I never bothered to redump them until today.  

They must have been dumped before, because I found them inside the huge Good2600 1.0 archive.

Thanks anyway! :)

And now, how about the other dumps you guys are still hiding? :D