IGNORED

NTSC Motorodeo and Ikari Warriors Dumped

Albert

Personally I think the 2600 version of Ikari Warriors is a steaming pile.  There are just some games that shouldn't have been tried on the 2600.  Ick!

Tempest

Heh heh. I waffle back and forth on this. Sometimes, I totally agree with you and think, "why'd they even try this?". Other times, I decide to put comparisons with the original games aside and look at the technical hurdles they managed to accomplish.

Double Dragon is another one ...the 2600 doesn't do a good translation of DD at all. But, 2600 DD has pretty good graphics and music ... better than expected.

I think this is great news! I never even knew Ikari was released at all, even in PAL format. It looks darned impressive for a 2600 game too!

Oh, and I happen to be one of those 1% (uhh, I really think the percentages should be switched around here) who can't stand using emulators and keyboards on the PC to play console games that were made for the system's controllers and to be played on a proper TV. In fact, I've NEVER even tried a 2600 emulator or any other Atari emulator for that matter, with one exception, the 800DC emulator on the Dreamcast...tried that for 5 minutes...Personally I think any REAL atari fan should be ashamed of even calling themselves an Atari fan if they only use emulators...yuck! :roll:

That's NOT an Atari fan, that's a PC fan who likes to play classic console games on their PC! :sad:

Ok, so I'm looking at the screen shots of Motorodeo...Ikari actually looks good for a 2600 game (haven't played either yet), but Motorodeo looks like something from '80, not '90! Anyhow, I just want to know what the hell those "blobs" are supposed to be; if I look closely, and squint, the top part kinda looks like a truck, but for the life of me, I can't tell what the black blobs underneath are supposed to be! is it supposed to be wheels? Everything only gets worse from there when the "blobs" are in different angles...this game is supposed to be finished?!? was the artist near-sighted? Even the 2600 can do better, Ikari's graphics at least prove that, even if the gameplay is nothing like other versions...Please tell me what those "blobs" are supposed to be, I really want to know! :?