IGNORED

dads games

Roland

i'm just getting into atari stuff my dad used to play it and i've got a box of stuff its mostly crap and some of the gamez are just bare bords and one dont work at all. Im thinkin of selling the ones i dont like but how can i get the one that dont work to go. it has as ticker on it that sais "OX26124" on it but i dont know what game it is coz when i put it on I just see a quick flash with some hills and then it stuffs up so i cant play it.

thanx/Roland

i'm just getting into atari stuff my dad used to play it and i've got a box of stuff its mostly crap and some of the gamez are just bare bords and one dont work at all.  Im thinkin of selling the ones i dont like but how can i get the one that dont work to go.  it has as ticker on it that sais "OX26124" on it but i dont know what game it is coz when i put it on I just see a quick flash with some hills and then it stuffs up so i cant play it.

thanx/Roland

Is the O©X26124 sticker on a bare board game? That might be interesting...

i'm just getting into atari stuff my dad used to play it and i've got a box of stuff its mostly crap and some of the gamez are just bare bords and one dont work at all.  Im thinkin of selling the ones i dont like but how can i get the one that dont work to go.  it has as ticker on it that sais "OX26124" on it but i dont know what game it is coz when i put it on I just see a quick flash with some hills and then it stuffs up so i cant play it.

thanx/Roland

i asked him what game it was and he couldnt remember but said that it didnt wortk anyway so its not much use tyring to fix it. im just going to junk it and sell the working stuff i dont want. thanx for the sugestions.

thanx/Roland

i asked him what game it was and he couldnt remember but said that it didnt wortk anyway so its not much use tyring to fix it. im just going to junk it and sell the working stuff i dont want. thanx for the sugestions.

No!!! Don't get rid of that! You can sell it to Tempest (a member here who specializes in Atari prototypes)or you can sell it on eBay. It just sickens me to hear that somebody is about to throw away their Atari stuff.

Oh BTW, learn to spell. I can barely understand you.

been looking at my gamez. how come pacman flickers so much i can berely see the ghosts and it doesnt look anything like the arcade. one i really liek is dig dug thats a pretty rad game what waz the programer smoking heh! dad sais i cant sell anything :( so the ones i dont use will go in a box.

been looking at my gamez.  how come pacman flickers so much i can berely see the ghosts and it doesnt look anything like the arcade. one i really liek is dig dug thats a pretty rad game what waz the programer smoking heh!  dad sais i cant sell anything :( so the ones i dont use will go in a box.

Pac-Man flickers so much because it wasn't programmed well. But it's still an enjoyable game IMO. And Dig Dug is actually a conversion of an arcade game, and no, the programmers weren't high. They just made a port of an arcade game, that's all. Anyway, how come your dad won't let you sell his games?

Pac-Man flickers so much because it wasn't programmed well. But it's still an enjoyable game IMO. And Dig Dug is actually a conversion of an arcade game, and no, the programmers weren't high. They just made a port of an arcade game, that's all. Anyway, how come your dad won't let you sell his games?

coz his friend used to work at atari and gave some stuff to dad and he promised that he wouldnt sell it. super secret or sometihng.

@ApolloBoy: Read up on your video game history... they probably WERE high.

Of course, the original arcade Dig Dug came from Japan... so being high or not is irrelevant. The Japanese can come up with stuff sober that no amount of wacky weed will elicit from an American.

But back to the matter at hand: Doesn't anyone else find all of this just vaguely suspicious?

@ApolloBoy: Read up on your video game history... they probably WERE high.

Of course, the original arcade Dig Dug came from Japan... so being high or not is irrelevant. The Japanese can come up with stuff sober that no amount of wacky weed will elicit from an American. (And that's a slam on us Americans, not the Japanese...)

But back to the matter at hand: Doesn't anyone else find all of this just vaguely suspicious?

A top-secret prototype of a game that was never released in the hands of an obviously young teenager that no sane (or otherwise) father should even let his kid near that the kid can't show, can't sell, and therefore, can't validate?

What's suspicious about that? I bet he has Airworld in there, somewhere.

What do you mean suspicious?

All I see here is a new member who suddenly has access to his father's super secret Atari proto stash... Isn't this just a normal part of puberty?

He had access to his father's stash of SOMETHING, but it wasn't leaked betas.

A top-secret prototype of a game that was never released in the hands of an obviously young teenager that no sane (or otherwise) father should even let his kid near that the kid can't show, can't sell, and therefore, can't validate?

i can do pictures and maybe a picture of it on the tv... it flashes very breifly. i just cant sell it dad sais. anywya i dont care its just a game that doesnt work to me see if i care.

OK, here's a solution.

You can't sell it, right? But you're willing to throw something valuable away. That seems a bit daft.

So here's the solution - give it to the Salvation Army or someone, and tell them to auction it because it's worth money.

Then _we_ benefit because we get a proto, _you_ benefit because you've used it well, and a charity benefits because of the money gained.

Alternatively, you could just be making it all up. :)