IGNORED

Brushup XE v5.1

rsh

2 hours ago, rsh said:

This does allow some cropping but only at start and end row to save a smaller file to disk.  

By "this", are you referring to Brushup or Diamond Paint.

From what I recall, in Diamond Paint, arbitrary selection areas could be saved to disk, reloaded, and pasted anywhere; they may have been confined to byte boundaries though; I'd have to check it out again.

21 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Let me know if you use that mouse routine.  I started looking at a disassembly and after the 6th jump I decided I did not have the mental energy to even bother today.  I'm definitely looking for a mouse driver I can easily incorporate into several pieces of code I am using.

You may want to have a look at this routine Stephen. It's an all assembly routine (not designed as BASIC ML Sub). The source file can be viewed easily in Memo Pad (using the Import function). The included program RapidTexter gives you an example of its use, with a PMG block cursor.

Mouse Routine (Assembly).zip

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rsh said:

The last line in the Utilities - manual has me worried lol.

--------

If you are using Atari
BASIC, forget it, buy Turbo BASIC.

Haha... I think they meant buying for the price that PD disks cost -- which was something like a dollar or so, BITD. I know that's how I got my copy of TBXL... and yes, I did forget Atari BASIC after that. ;) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MrFish said:

By "this", are you referring to Brushup or Diamond Paint.

From what I recall, in Diamond Paint, arbitrary selection areas could be saved to disk, reloaded, and pasted anywhere; they may have been confined to byte boundaries though; I'd have to check it out again.

BrushUp

image.thumb.png.b17edfbf3872a20b93363c78361afb3f.png

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 12:57 PM, MrFish said:

Another feature I liked about Diamond Paint is that it could save selected areas of the screen to "clip art". The format of the clip art files was simple; so, I could use these in my programs when I needed smaller graphics for this and that.

IIRC, Rambrandt features clip art too, plus allows some animation small animations. I never used it before, but intend to look into it further.

2 hours ago, Gunstar said:

IIRC, Rambrandt features clip art too, plus allows some animation small animations. I never used it before, but intend to look into it further.

I'm not familiar with it. I didn't have a lot of paint programs back in the day; I mostly had a small variety of public domain stuff -- and none of it was anything great. I did write a paint program of my own; but that was before I had a very good concept of what a good paint program for the Atari really required.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

BrushUp v5.4  (attached!)   ... 

Well I have to provide this update.  The v5.3 woefully broke some stuff.  I suggest just not using v5.3 it can lockup on

the Circle tool.  Almost all were created by the v5.3 updates.    

Don't worry... The testing department got yelled at for several hours.  I was going to fire them all but

that would also not leave anyone in development,ops,graphics design,and sound departments :D 

FYI... I did test it on Altirra 4.10 and works fine, someone had an issue a while back.

Bug Fix/New from v5.3

* Circle Tool was hanging        fix
* Menu Select Cut:Dup:Fill:Kline fix
* Erase toggle messing up tools  fix

-- end --

BrushupV54.atr

Edited by rsh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I take it this is 130XE specific ? I added DOS 2.5 + RAMDISK to you atr and while it loads just fine, I do get graphical errors, same as with DOS 2.0 w/o ramdisk.

This program uses 100% of the 128K so a ramdisk will do crazy stuff most likely.  Using the disk provided should be fine how are you loading it manually?

Edited by rsh

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

No, your atr in D1 and letting it do it's thing. 

Real hardware or Altirra?

Altirra Settings:

Base system    NTSC 800XL (128K)
Additional devices    Host device (H:), Printer (P:)
OS firmware    AltirraOS 3.34 for XL/XE/XEGS [8E76DC1B]
Mounted images    Disk: BrushupV54.atr
Cartridge: basxe41.bin [003D3A36]

Real. 1200XL, 4-in-1 cart which includes OSS BASIC XE, 256K RAMBO XL.

Cool 1200XL with RAMBO.. Interesting the 256K RAMBO might be the problem (some are not 100% compy/130XE compatible)..  Curious , without my disk just the normal 4.11 extensions what do you see after boot and.... You type extend and then ? fre(1)

10 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Hmmmm BrushupBXEv54 might be a good name, in fact I am surprise it's not called Brush-Up BXE.

lol well in the doc I do call it BrushUp XE v5.4   but you need to run the D1:bureadme.bxe file from basic XE (also, this thread is called BrushUp XE v5.1 lol)

Edited by rsh

That is correct it thinks you are getting all the memory.  Show me what the brushup.pic looks like. Does it have lines all in it or totally ripped?    Altirra thinks the disk I created is a DOS 2.OS

image.thumb.png.dadd0d5ae065dad620baf9645ee76fa3.png

From altirra settings as:

Base system    NTSC 1200XL (320K)
OS firmware    Atari 1200XL OS [C5C11546]

I can repeat it so this could be 1200XL quirk.   I will play around with it.  See if anything makes sense.  I will mess with ram type and see if that makes any difference.

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.b7f202bc609b27ec6e5dd60c9b5eda9f.png

Ok setting the Ram type to 320K (compy) fixed the problem.  So that RAMBO must be 50% compliant with 130XE. 

I think it only supports CPU mode not both Antic and CPU mode.  Which kind of makes sense because all the

artifacts your seeing are the player missile graphics rendered by Antic.    I've been looking for extended Ram for my

800XL that is full compy/130XE but only the original Novell?? can do it But requires a lot of soldering which

I don't want to do.   Sorry that's a bummer.

Altirra Settings:

Base system    NTSC 1200XL (320K Compy)
OS firmware    Atari 1200XL OS [C5C11546]

18 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

No worries at all. Appreciate your work !

I was playing around with it in your mode and looks like gr.3-7 seem to work when in the editor.. Which baffles me lol , color picker uses gr. 9 so the players look strange

• Like 1