IGNORED

IBM PS/1 Power supply?

Vyvyan B.

This is a nice & clean IBM PS/1, one of the many things that I picked up in my giant haul of stuff. Unfortunately, the monitor is missing and since this particular model is powered by the monitor through a DB15 connector on the motherboard, I have been trying to find a way to cobble together a power supply to get this up and running. Looking at the traces, it seems that pins 1,2 and 9 are positive and pins 3,10 and 11 are ground. Apparently some of the pins are used for audio I/O but I have no clue which ones, or what the other pins are for as I can't seem to find any information at all about this connector and most importantly what voltage that is supplied to these pins.

IMG_0005.thumb.JPG.d4ad0e55dfe2e921d517fe66494c845e.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

ps: I know that this is not the proper forum for this, but since there does not seem to be any IBM specific areas and this being one of the nerdlier forums where people might have some knowledge about these, I figured I'd put it here

Edited by Vyvyan B.