IGNORED

XL BOSS EPROM Documentation

AMC4x4

Hello all - been out of the Atari scene for a long time now, but found my old XL Boss package and was wondering if it would be worthwhile to scan the documentation and submit it somewhere before I sell it? I haven't been able to find out much about these chips online, including documentation. I don't know if this sort of thing is valuable or if the information is actually common and archived somewhere? Any tips would be much appreciated. Would be happy to scan the whole manual and supplement if it would be helpful.

20221127_222534.jpg

20221127_221909.jpg

20221127_221745.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I've got this document (+ disk, XL BOSS ROM, and XL-XE BOSS II ROM).

It looks like it covers XL BOSS 1.0. Maybe you can take a look see how it compares with your documentation.

The only thing I would say, is that you've got original docs, which are preferable. So, personally, I think it would be nice to have them scanned.

XL BOSS & XL-XE BOSS II - Manual.doc

Thanks all - I guess the question I should have asked is, what do I do with them once they're scanned? Where does everyone go to find Atari-based reference material, or is posting in this topic/thread the preferred place? Any place in particular I could submit them? 

Edited by AMC4x4

44 minutes ago, videofx said:

The box say Atari 1200xl. So this is compatible? Is there a place to download the bins for the eprom?

Hi - there's some more info, including .bin files, in this thread, but as you can see the documentation wasn't there, so it's why I was asking if it might be elsewhere: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AMC4x4 said:

Thanks all - I guess the question I should have asked is, what do I do with them once they're scanned? Where does everyone go to find Atari-based reference material, or is posting in this topic/thread the preferred place? Any place in particular I could submit them? 

You can submit them to Atarimania.com and they'll put them here: 400/800 XL/XE Manuals

I think they have an FTP site where they accept submissions. (Calling @www.atarimania.com ...)

You can also submit them to Archive.org , where many Atari documents (and docs for many other systems) are being submitted.

I would suggest attaching them to a post in this thread too -- for the convenience of people searching for information on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MrFish said:

You can submit them to Atarimania.com and they'll put them here: 400/800 XL/XE Manuals

I think they have an FTP site where they accept submissions. (Calling @www.atarimania.com ...)

You can also submit them to Archive.org , where many Atari documents (and docs for many other systems) are being submitted.

I would suggest attaching them to a post in this thread too -- for the convenience of people searching for information on this forum.

I second Archive.org for the manuals. I have access to the FTP site but the process of posting new material isn't quite clear.  Still, I fully support having them in as many places as possible. This is the best way option, especially the ROM images. I know someone would be interested in burning their own EPROMs. Whoever takes ownership of these should recognise the responsibility they have to the community IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...