IGNORED

What is a cuttle cart?

hepcat

Sort of like a Supercharger...

Well before it was called the "Cuttlecart" it was loosely called the "SuperDuperCharger" because that's pretty much what it could be thought of as... i.e. a hotrodded Supercharger which you could load up ANY Atari 2600 rom (except Pitfall 2) and play it on a real Atari 2600.

Mitch provided the link but apparently Chad doesn't make them anymore... at least not the Cuttlecart 1

There are two Cuttle Carts.

CC1 is sold out. It uses an audio interface to a PC for loading the library of 2600 games into an actual Atari 2600 console. But you can only load one game at a time .. then reset the console to load up the next game.

The CC2 is in beta testing right now .. and due to be released later this fall. It works exclusively in the Atari 7800 only and can store all of the 2600 and 7800 libraries of games in multimedia cards. It also has a serial interface for connection to a PC. A game is selected via an on-screen menu.

Both are top notch products.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

(CC2 Beta Tester)

Flash cart should be available early next year... As soon as Kablamo is finished I can complete my work on it.

The most humerous thing about it is there was sooo much pressure when I was designing the device that with my time frame I simply had to drop the project... I couldn't compete.

Superior devices like DaVinci, and less expensive devices that others were making with comperable features... as well as Chad stating he was going to rerelease the Cuttle Cart I couldn't compete.

Now, nearly a year later with the exception of the CCII everyone else has dissapeared...

Kablamo will go into release cantidate near Halloween I hope as soon as it does I will finish up the Flash Cart.

My brother and sister were really interested in my new hobby, so they're each getting an Atari, all the controllers, a bunch of cartridges and modified Superchargers for Xmas.

I even tracked down all the kid's controller games for the youngest nephew. :D

Anybody have any suggestions for inexpensive CD Players that have a 10 digit keypad on it for quick access to 99 tracks?

How do modify your Supercharger?  So there's a way to make the Supercharger a CuttleCart?

The Supercharger handles 6k games. But when modified it can load 2k and 4k games. This is opens up a large chunk of the 2600 library to work on an actual 2600 console! But it cannot handle most of the fancy old games and the complicated new releases.

I sold my modified Supercharger when I bought my original Cuttle Cart.

The more bizarre question not yet asked: What is a Cuttle?

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

No, you can't make it behave like a CC. Just like cartridges, the Supercharger uses a bankswitching method to access larger amounts of memory than the 2600's processor was originally designed to. The problem is that carts can use the same memory location that "tells" the Supercharger to switch to the third 2k section of memory (it has 6k - 3 chips at 2k each). So the modification you do basically deactivates this ability...so that you can load games that are under 6k in length (i.e. all the 2k and 4k ones). You can read a more detailed description about how it does this and what you need at Bob Colbert's site:

http://members.cox.net/rcolbert/scmod.htm

I got my superchargers via ebay for about $40 each.

I went thru my ROM collection and came up with 340 unique games that I'm going to burn to 6 mini-CDs after I've organized them. Supercharger games on one CD(w/note to flip the switch I added to the Supercharger into "S" mode), adult games on another(my brother has 2 kids), with the remaining games grouped by controller to use.

I'm currently printing out game manuals and putting them into binders w/"HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI TODAY" on the spine. I've got some vinyl sheets to hold the mini-cds in the binder too.

I'm going to be (slowly) producing 8cm CDs of MP3s of encoded games for the CC1. My current intent is to keep an Atari 2600 library much in the same way I keep my music library -- that is, a constant state of tweaking, tagging and new additions. But where I'd use my iPod for music, I have to use a CD-r for the CC. As such, I'll be selling off my old versions whenever I burn a new CD. I just need to get on top of a few other projects, then I can start working on a nice robust procedure that results in stuff people would actually want to buy.

I have a friend with a PayPal account now. I'm sure he won't mind money coming into the account every so often.

Kablamo will go into release cantidate near Halloween I hope as soon as it does I will finish up the Flash Cart.

Geez, Louise! What to do, what to do???

FlashCart or CC2? I’m not sure if my wallet and my conscience will allow for both …