IGNORED

Quad density 5.25 floppy drive

Vyvyan B.

10 hours ago, Vyvyan B. said:

If anyone is interested, here are the flux dumps I did on the JU-475 and TM-100 drives. Mule is not an original disk, but racing destruction set was. These all convert to ATX with a8rawconv and seem to work as expected under Altirra. I have not had any luck trying to write them back to a real disk so far with either the Panasonic or the Tandon.

dump.zip 17.11 MB · 3 downloads

An issue is that many Atari disk weren't wrtitten with the write splice aligned with the index signal, at this time the a8rawconv.exe/Supercard Pro combination is the only method I know of that can reliably write Atari disk SCP images/ATX files back to disk.

a8rawconv.exe does this by analysing the disk layout and adjusting the splice points of the tracks. When a8rawconv.exe is updated this feature may be added for the Greaseweazle flux devices as well.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BillC said:

An issue is that many Atari disk weren't wrtitten with the write splice aligned with the index signal, at this time the a8rawconv.exe/Supercard Pro combination is the only method I know of that can reliably write Atari disk SCP images/ATX files back to disk.

a8rawconv.exe does this by analysing the disk layout and adjusting the splice points of the tracks. When a8rawconv.exe is updated this feature may be added for the Greaseweazle flux devices as well.

I hope that gets fixed in the next release. Any workarounds?