IGNORED

Collecting Everything Atari or Just 2600?

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I started with just the 2600 (it was given to me by a friend) about two years ago. Now I have Atari computers, a 5200 and a 7800, a ColecoVision, etc etc etc.

It's really gotten so out of hand that I'm moving to a bigger apartment when my lease is up in March. :)

But my biggest collection by far is Atari 2600 stuff as it will always be my favorite and will be what I keep if I ever offload some of this stuff.

Voch

I don't collect everything Atari.. yet. I have no Jaguar and no Lynx. I'm considering it though, since my 5200 and 7800 collections are complete and I'm rapidly approaching that brick wall where I'll no longer be able to trade for or buy 2600 games I still need cheaply.

I collect for everything I can get my hands on. I collect:

Atari Video Computer System (have a couple near-mint systems)

Atari 5200

Intellivision (collection crowned by boxed Slyvania system and Mindstrike)

Odyssey 2

Odyssey

Odyssey 100, 300

I have an NES, but since I grew up with it I probably have a lesser appreciation for it, hence I don't really collect for it.

I'm currently trying to start a Channel F collection.

I started out collecting just for the 2600 back in the mid 90's. It then got pretty crazy as I was trying to get everything classic video gaming related to trade for the 2600 games I didn't have. I ended up with 5200, 7800, Colecovision, Intellivision, Balley Astrocade, Odyssey, Fairchild, and other stuff. I had to get rid of a lot of it (gave a lot of it away).

Now I just have my 2600 and 7800 stuff. I do have a handful of games for the various system to have stuff to trade when I go to the flea markets and stuff.

As far as the rarity level goes, it seems that Atari Video Cube is not as rare as first thought. The rating on this may need to go down. Although I don't have this game, I've seen a lot for sale lately.

Actually, there are a lot of games that have gotten a lot less rare because of eBay. I guess there are more sellers now, but the number of collectors have grown too.

Welcome aboard..I mostly collect for the 2600,since there is so much stuff out there(alot I can not afford...)I just branched out into the 5200 system, but the controllers I got are all crap(yes,all six of em).I have alot of Odyssey 2 stuff;once again, only missing the most expensive items...The other fun part of collecting is to also watch Ebay auctions go crazy,and wish you had the money to be right in there...

Sounds like just about everyone collects for many Atari and other platforms. Sounds great! I collect for anything at all Atari but that is about it. I don't have enough time or money to expand into NES etc... Although I do resell all other video games that I find at yard sales, flea markets and other places. I started this topic a couple of days ago and heard from a lot of people, thanks a lot!

:D