IGNORED

Wanted: Atari logo with Rainbow colors (for a LED project)

Marsupilami

Hello,

I am working on a personal project based on LEDs arrays and Arduino.

20221209_104822.jpg.1969c6d0e5ef433676e7e211c08ae3bd.jpg

I'm looking for the Atari logo with colors that cycle over a dozen frames in 16x16 pixel format.

A bit like this one but in better quality and without the word Atari:

f0p.gif.5bd5c5c4b35ebd908b6a043e41ecb1e6.gif

I tried to reduce this one but the result is ugly 😢

Do you have this? Or a Game/Basic program for Altirra that would allow me to output the frames to a few .png?

Edited by Marsupilami
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marsupilami said:

I tried to reduce this one but the result is ugly 😢

I think your going to be disappointed with any reduction, there are not enough pixels in your display

to provide anywhere near the amount of colours required, even the one you have posted doesn't

have any Green in it, see the one @Beeblebrox has posted for the full colour range

7 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

I think your going to be disappointed with any reduction, there are not enough pixels in your display

to provide anywhere near the amount of colours required, even the one you have posted doesn't

have any Green in it, see the one @Beeblebrox has posted for the full colour range

Yes, I know, I don't want to have something 100% accurate.
I also thought about getting the TOS 1.04 logo but I couldn't get all the frames out.

I take it that this is for a little desktop light display item, there's a far more advanced version (depending on how advanced you make yours) on Adrians Digital basement YT channel, I really wanted one until I found out the price (talk about Executive toy prices), best of luck with the build, look cool already..

Edited by Mclaneinc

5 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

I take it that this is for a little desktop light display item, there's a far more advanced version (depending on how advanced you make yours) on Adrians Digital basement YT channel, I really wanted one until I found out the price (talk about Executive toy prices), best of luck with the build, look cool already..

Thanks ;)

Yes it will be me a cool frame on my desk and a Christmas decoration :) 

Basically it's just 4 8x8 led matrix like this https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07Z7RGHNF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (40€/$)

Plus an arduino or an esp32 (around 5 or 10€/$)

So the budget is roughly 50$ maximum...and time.

It's still a work in progress but it's pretty good :)

• Like 5

@Marsupilami, what a great idea, it looks really nice. Below you can see my proposal for animated logo which I've just drawn for you. I used colors from PAL pallete used by Altirra emulator. You can use it freely in your project if you whish.

atari_logo.gif.ba67161aed43f9ea2744b52b0560a0ff.gif

Alternative version with scrolled text.
ezgif-5-3345b6fd4d.gif.1cd9d63045091a4e18e253a083d6d11c.gif

Edited by amarok
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, amarok said:

@Marsupilami, what a great idea, it looks really nice. Below you can see my proposal for animated logo which I've just drawn for you. I used colors from PAL pallete used by Altirra emulator. You can use it freely in your project if you whish.

Awesome ! Thank you so much @amarok 👍🙌

21 frames will be too much for the memory remaining on the Arduino but if i remove some other animations (like frogger, choplifter, tutankham) and if i use only 10 frames of your Gif (one out of two), it should fit.

Thanks again ! 😎

Edited by Marsupilami
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2022 at 7:20 PM, Beeblebrox said:

My other half (knowing how obsessed I am with Atari), got me one of these last year:

RETRO ATARI LAMP | tastyf1shmods

Comes with a remote control for chaging the led cycle settings. Very psychadelic!  ;)

That actually looks quite good, do you know where your other half orderded it ?

@Mclaneinc

I guess the other ones you are referring to are these ?

The Desung ones

https://www.amazon.com/Desung-MultipleSizes-Printing-Technology-Handmade/dp/B07DNCP3BY

Whatsyoursign.eu

https://whatsyoursign.eu/shop/neon-sign-led/games/atari/
https://whatsyoursign.eu/shop/neon-sign-led/dual-color/atari-led-neon-sign/

I think finely graduated colour bars might look better on that 16x16 pic.  Although you'd only be seeing 1 or 2 colours at a time if using 8 or 16 luma levels.

Also, I think the Gauntlet techniquer is better - with the luma incremented then decremented for each colour rather than the lazy way that most games used which was just incrementing from low to high then moving to the next colour.