IGNORED

Epyx Demonstrator Disk, anyone remember or have a copy?

Bennet

Sadly the copy I have was unreadable so I couldn't make an image of it, but it's a demo disk from Epyx for these games:

Crush, Crumble, and Chomp

Crypt of the Undead (Might just be 'The Crypt' on this disk)

Ricochet

? (maybe others, I forget)

Would be awesome if someone had a copy of it, as I can't find it mentioned anywhere. I have the physical disk so I'm not imagining it!

Edit: All of the demos played themselves, almost like commercials for the games, you couldn't play yourself from what I remember. But I used to watch them over and over as a kid, would be neat to see them again.

Edited by Bennet

12 hours ago, Bennet said:

Sadly the copy I have was unreadable so I couldn't make an image of it, but it's a demo disk from Epyx for these games:

Crush, Crumble, and Chomp

Crypt of the Undead (Might just be 'The Crypt' on this disk)

Ricochet

? (maybe others, I forget)

Would be awesome if someone had a copy of it, as I can't find it mentioned anywhere. I have the physical disk so I'm not imagining it!

Edit: All of the demos played themselves, almost like commercials for the games, you couldn't play yourself from what I remember. But I used to watch them over and over as a kid, would be neat to see them again.

since you have the disk maybe you should send it to an archivist here on AA who has an SCP or kryoflux, they might be able to reconstruct you disk

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Bennet said:

I didn't pull out my disk because it's buried in storage, deep in a box behind a bunch of other boxes. But if you found it, I'll know instantly.

Yes, definitely that one as it has all the games you mentioned :)

Could you just confirm that the title is exactly Epyx Demonstrator Disk on the label?

I remember sending off for and receiving one decades ago. Mine was different though. I can't remember what all it had on it but I do remember a demo of Pitstop and Gateway to Apshai being included. I'm thinking there were a few more titles and that it included Jumpman or Jumpman Junior and a couple of their arcade classics but my memory fails me.

Edited by bfollowell

The one you rightly remember (mostly) is the one that is the second post in this thread. (Jump-man is not on it, but Junior is). It's also the most common one out there, I must have 30 ever so slightly different copies of it in my digital collection. Nice to see Atarimania posting the missing one..

8 hours ago, www.atarimania.com said:

Yep! Exactly as I remembered it! Thank you for finding that. I'm surprised it was so short, it felt way longer when I saw it as a kid.

Amusingly, I first booted without Basic and it went to DOS and it was DOS 2.5+ for a 256K machine? That'd be surprising if the original disk had that.

image.thumb.png.e82a19c14e8cd0a9382943f88bdf41d0.png

1 hour ago, Bennet said:

Amusingly, I first booted without Basic and it went to DOS and it was DOS 2.5+ for a 256K machine? That'd be surprising if the original disk had that.

I noticed just after posting the disk. Pretty sad that someone felt the need to do such a thing...

It would be awesome if you could still dig up your old copy. Quite likely, a good chunk of the disk is still salvageable so there's probably a way to reconstruct the program back to its original state. 

Could you confirm the exact name of the program on the label as well? Do you remember how you got this title?

Thanks!

Edited by www.atarimania.com