IGNORED

Othello

Csonicgo

Who doesn't love this game? it's fun, the computer is very smart, and it's a blast. the only problem- the original game had black and white 2 sided chips. the atari game had blocks! It seems ed logg so so proud that he got the engine and the A.I perfect,he rushed on the graphics to get the game out as quick as possible. I'd hack the peices and the colors, but Hack O matic doesn't work on my system.

Anyone up for it? :)

ok, I've hacked the numbers... but where's the friggin' PEICE graphic!

I don't know. There may not be one. For some reason, I can't use Hack-O-Matic 2 anymore because my anti-virus program says it's infected with a backdoor trojan horse, but the creator of Hack-O-Matic 2 claims the program is clean, so I don't know what's going on. I'd like to take a look at Othello and play around with it myself, but I guess I'm screwed until a new version of Hack-O-Matic 2 is released.

I don't see any "piece" graphics anywhere in HOM2. I have a bad feeling that its a coding issue and not a graphic issue (as in the "SQUARE" on the board is colored in as opposed to having a piece placed on the board).

Perhaps a programmer here can take a look and give you more info. :idea:

I updated my anti-virus program again and now it says HOM2 is not infected. That's good news, but as StanJr said, after taking a look, I can't find anything either (except the numbers and two diagonal lines).

I did discover something that I didn't know before. I can move the "cursor" around with the mouse if I want to instead of the arrow keys using the z26 emulator.

What you area asking for is not impossible, but it would require a complete rewrite of the display kernal. The reason you are finding no graphics is because the pieces are made with sprites set to $FF, and with missles set to width 8. The kernal assumes uniform sprite graphics and uniform missle width for each scanline resulting in the squares you see. To get a different shape will require different code as well as the new graphics image.

Sorry.