IGNORED

Ultima 3 character disk - how to tell if image is bad or maybe version is wrong?

VW

I captured these images with a 1050-2-PC cable a few years back and saw no errors while doing so. But when I load Ultima 3 and try to continue on with these player disks, I get garbage instead of the game. The only things I can think could be wrong are:

-The disks were bad but the badness was captured intact by the transfer program

-Maybe Ultima 3 version was different from when I created these disks in the '80s versus the version I have now. The version I have now is from the Atari/C64 disk version and I don't know what was used originally. Any help would be appreciated, I would love to see these again!

ULT3CHAR.ATR ULT3OLD.ATR

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 5:27 PM, VW said:

I captured these images with a 1050-2-PC cable a few years back and saw no errors while doing so. But when I load Ultima 3 and try to continue on with these player disks, I get garbage instead of the game. The only things I can think could be wrong are:

-The disks were bad but the badness was captured intact by the transfer program

-Maybe Ultima 3 version was different from when I created these disks in the '80s versus the version I have now. The version I have now is from the Atari/C64 disk version and I don't know what was used originally. Any help would be appreciated, I would love to see these again!

ULT3CHAR.ATR 90.02 kB · 3 downloads ULT3OLD.ATR 90.02 kB · 3 downloads

I took a look at it. It's an Ultima 2 player disk, not Ultima 3.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...